Is this just a rebound reaction?

I broke up with my girlfriend about three days ago and I'm not super depressed because the relationship just went dead so I'm not mad at her and there wasn't really anything between us anymore, but that is actually beside the point. Eversince we broke up I keep thinking about this other girl which I had in mind before I started going out with my current ex. So am I just doing this because I just broke up, or should I go for the other girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know what you mean, I did the same thing... It was a rebound reaction, I didn't think it was, but it was. That's the hardest part about it... you think you generally have feelings for the girl, but it is almost more of a feeling of "I'm free; I can go after this girl who is reasonably attractive (even though this and this isn't that good, she's still kinda hot...)" That's the thought process you'll have. Definitely wait for a while before going after her. I'd wait at least 2 weeks of solo time to regather your thoughts and spend some time being single if I was you. Good luck, and rate me best answer for my well thought out response please (:

• thanx for the well thought out answer. I do agree with some of the things you say, but I was actually more interested in this girl than I was in my ex before we started going out. But none the less, I do think it a good idea to just chill and enjoy the freedom for a while.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!