How quick is too fast in a relationship? What are the results?

So, my ex left me for someone else, took her on a date the day he dumped me and got together by the end of the night. They have been together 6 weeks, they are sleeping together, spend every moment together and are booking a holiday. She's 16, he's 21. This seems very fast.

How quick is too quick?

If you do move quickly in a relationship what is the result normally?

Updates:
Btw guys, just to make it clear, in this country the sexual consenting age is 16.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• there is not set time for when someone should, could or will move on. It is dependent on the indiviual and the relationship he had.

Now this could be just a rebound or he could legitimately have strong feelings and a strong bond with this girl (who knows maybe he had started developing feeligns for her during your relationship)... regardless it's really hard to say that he is moving too quick.

The only statute (which is really just sort of a rule of thumb) is that it takes as long to get over your ex as the length of time you were dating. But that really is tried and true, statistically proven or anything like that

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• When I left my ex, I was dating someone new that day, was sleeping with her within 6 weeks, spent every moment together, and ... married her and had three kids with her.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not at 6 weeks is too fast, but he's definitely take advantage of her

1|0
    0|0
  • The quickest way to get over someone is to get on top of someone else. Now if that will develop into something more only time will tell. But 6wks ain't no fling. How long we're you two together?

0|0
    0|0
    • 5 years

• If in 5 years it didn't work than its good you two broke up. Save you both trouble down the line.

• It depends upon the couple.

If they really want to be together, then you can't do anything about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • When it comes to getting over a girlfriend, there's no such thing as too quick. The quicker the better.

0|0
    0|1
  • Setting aside the ages of the people you're talking about, my girlfriend and I had sex within two weeks of our first date, and we've been together eleven years.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's taking advantage of her, at that age women are usually quite insecure, and are easily pressured into things, that's my personal opinion anyway. And she's 16! and he's 21! QUICK! SOMEONE CALL CHRIS HANSON! doe's this guy think he's above the law or something?

1|0
    0|0
    • True true true

• Show All
    • Totally agree that's why I commented on it. But I know it's got to be hard on you to but you got to let the looser go babe other wisest wil eat you up. He is scum. Xx you deserve better.

• Haha! That's funny, but so true!

What Girls Said 3

• he is sick to be with a 16 year old

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be over my dead body that a grown man would ever get his filthy hands on my teenage daughter. That's wrong on so many levels.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ummm I'd be a little worried if a 21 year old was dating my 16 year old daughter ( and yes I have a 16 year old daughter ) I'd string him up by his dirty assed balls.

Don't worry about him sweetie, obviously he is a pervert tha likes little girls.

Stay away from him! What a very sick man.

Let her parents sort him out , that's if they even know about it.

0|1
    0|0
    • They support it. He's her brothers best mate...

• Show All
    • Well the brother is 22 dating a 16 Year old!

• I don't care what the law states as legal it's wrong, morally wrong to date someone that young. I'd string him up.

Recommended myTakes