Drowning in my own depression :(

I am having the worse time. I worked with a guy for a few months probably like 7, I can't recall. We instantly hit it off, best friends for the time working there, we didn't go to school together and did not know each other before work, but we always worked the same shift and always texted when we weren't at work. He asked me one time if I saw us ever being more than friends and I told him I did not know at the time :/. After that all went down hill, he stopped working there and we stopped being friends. Now, several years later I told him on Facebook that back then I realized I really had strong feelings for him and he didn't reply. It's been a while since me and him have talked so I'm thinking he may be shocked because I never said anything or maybe he doesn't care anymore. The problem is I care so much its unreal. I can't stand to talk to another guy and I won't let any guy hit on me or call me "baby" or "hun" I just find it so annoying and its because I like this other guy so much its just crazy. I don't know what to do to get over him it's so hard with the amazing connection I had with him. So, what? I guess it would be safe to say that if it was meant to be he will come back right? He's single so yeah. But I don't know I'm so down and out with out him and I don't like anyone else hitting on me and don't want to talk to any other guys which really makes me feel like he is the one for me :/. I need help on getting out of this funk or some insight

Thanks guys

What Guys Said 1

• Keep in mind that the responsibility and risk for pursuing someone is almost always on the guy, and guys have feelings that get hurt too. We put ourselves out there and get hurt constantly as a result. You essentially told him you weren't interested in him back when you worked with him and it's possible you may have broken his heart then. It's also possible he is hesitant to go back down that road if he was scarred by it.

The only way you can know is to take a risk yourself and contact him. You may get hurt, like he did, but then again you may find he is interested. It's the only way you're going to know.

Got after him. I hope it works out for you.

• PS - I realize you did contact him via FB but I'm suggesting you call him. It's so easy to misunderstand intentions on the internet. You'll get a much better sense for where his head is if you talk in person or on the phone.

• I don't know for sure, but if I asked a girl if she thought we might be more than just friends and she said no, I would take it as rejection and that she didn't care for me that way. I think most guys would. You didn't do ANYTHING wrong, so please don't take it that way. I'm just putting myself in his place and trying to consider how I would feel. No one likes rejection. :)

• i know :/ and when your younger you don't wanna be like yeah and then get rejected back you know

What Girls Said 0