Should I break up with him

Here's my situation. I love my boyfriend dearly and want him in my life. However, I'm not totally happy in our relationship. We've been together for 2 years, living together since October ( so almost 7 months). When he moved in it was on the condition that he would have a job by January. Any job. Something part-time at a coffee shop, just be working. He still doesn't have a job and doesn't seem to be putting in a real effort. As far as I know he's only applied to maybe 6 jobs as he's looking for something that's "going to fulfill him". He hasn't worked in all the time we've been together and I've been footing 95% of the bills for the past year. That includes a trip that he wanted to take me on and I paid for both of us. I almost every other way though, he and our relationship is great!

I find myself getting angry about this and I feel like a shallow b**** for wanting to break up with him over this. I just don't know if I can live with somebody who's not financially independent ( he's living off his mom mostly) nor responsable ( bills go unpaid, I have to remind him to pay me back and how much).

I broke down the other night and said I didn't think we should still live together, not break up just live separately. He said it was all or nothing, we're living together or I never see him again. He won't even try to be friends. After a night of the silent treatment and then much talking the next day we decided to let the issue rest for a few days and re-visit later. We both still love and care about each other; but this not working thing is making me lose respect for him.

Should I cut my losses and break up with a great guy just because he's not working? Even if he gets a job I'm not sure it'll really change much. I also wasn't really ready to move in together in the first place and have also been struggling with giving up my space.

Can anybody offer some perspective on this?

10