Just venting...not sure if there's any specific question

In a over two and a half years I finally find a girl that I actually like and then she breaks my heart not too long after we fell madly for each other. She just came back this semester and said she wanted to be alone didn't give me any specific reason. At first I tried to brush it off but I was really hurt because I know that I did a lot to make her trust me and I was always there for her not matter what it was that she needed. Then she comes back and is talking about her freight of commitment which had always been a problem of hers and I made sure not to push for anything. Anything emotional came from her I let her come to terms with her emotions at her own time never rushed anything with her. what's funny is she joined a student org I was in charge of because we were together and then she ended things and stayed on then she got elected as my vice so I had to see her every week. Everything was OK at first she would still text me from time to time and we were cool. seemed like she had feelings for me that she was fighting and holding back. I did what I could I would tell her how I felt about her, I still gave her what I got for her for Christmas and she didn't take it from me and told me I was better off returning it to the store. I had already preordered her vals gift so she got something for that day. All I got from her for Christmas and vals was heartbreak. But we tried to keep everything cool until my birthday when my friend used my phone to curse her out when I was drunk. I apologized made him apologize in person and let her know I had nothing to do with it. But she said me and her friendship was ruined because of him. She stopped talking to me and wouldn't even look at me after that. I was really upset for three days! But I tried to talk to her and I made a card with all the pictures and memories we shared. And she said she preferred that we stayed not talking or even being friends! Now I have to see her at the org events while she talks to everyone and seems like she is flirting with another guy. While I don't get any attention. I keep everything on the wrap and I don't say anything to her or show any emotions. But I'm hurting a lot! I thought I would be over her by now but I'm not. The semester is coming to an end we are graduating and I don't think Ill ever see her or say anything to her after its over. I don't know why I'm writing all this but I'm just saying how I feel.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to go out on a limb here :- Did you make the stereotypical rookie mistake that most young guys make in their teens? (Usually in their first or first few relationships?)

Let's look at the evidence.

"I was always there for her not matter what it was that she needed."

"I still gave her what I got for her for Christmas and she didn't take it from me and told me I was better off returning it to the store. I had already preordered her vals gift"

Yeah, it looks like you did. You smothered her. You tried WAY too hard. And that is incredibly off putting to girls. I mean, you had broken up with her before Christmas, obviously. And yet, months in advance you had already pre-ordered a Valentines gift.

Do you not get how crazy that is? At your age, guys and girls date typically for a few weeks at a time. You made the presumption that you'd be together MONTHS down the line. You were a tiny shade away from, I dunno, proposing marriage during your first date. Know what I mean?

It's a shame you weren't on this site before the relationship, you might have been able to avoid that mistake. Lots of guys make it, but on a site like this, more experienced guys try to advise the younger guys on which pitfalls to avoid. And this one is a doozy we pretty much all make.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE