Could my ex boyfriend think he made a mistake?

My ex boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years. He recently broke up with me again, and is now seeing someone new only one month after we broke up. We have been broken up since February. I met him 3 months out of his separation from his second wife. He has 4 kids with whom I love and they love me. I was going to be their stepmother, and they were happy about it. He has been plastering on his Facebook page that he is in a relationship. He even took her to eat at the place of our first date, and what would have been our 2 year anniversary. I tried to give him his t-shirt and glass back before, no response. Now all of a sudden, he wants them back. He is also answering my texts within a minute of me sending them. He asked me how I was doing right away, and I just ignored the question and changed the subject. He says his relationship is going real good, however, he will keep responding to my texts right away. I called him yesterday while he was at work to see if he wanted me to bring his stuff by, and he answered right away. He only did that when we were together. Could he be missing me? Could he be lying about the new relationship being really good?
Oh, and I forgot to mention, that I told him I had met someone too, but I was taking things slow. Now all of a sudden his answers are short and to the point. I did go out on a date with a nice man, but realized I was not ready yet. I don't believe in jumping from relationship to relationship. So now, I am thinking I should not have said anything about seeing someone new. Ugg!
He also did not wish me well, or say good for you, when I said I was seeing someone. You would think he would be relieved and say " good luck to you to", but he didn't.
Ok, now really don't know what to think. Sorry, forgive me, but mind going crazy now. He is texting me a lot during the week now. I know it is because she is not around. I know that he has to have made a mistake if he is missing me. I think again he jumped in too quickly. I have decided NOT to answer any of his texts anymore!

41

Most Helpful Girl

• ha ha trust me, he'll be back. They almost always come back. Sounds like he's regretting his decesion already. You sound like a smart good person, and I really don't think he deserves you, though :)

• Out of the blue, text "how are you doing" are you dating? WTF? Why does he care? He is sharing memories with me, and I asked "are you killing any zombies lately" and he says "not without you"? However, he is still in relationship with new girl? I don't get it!

• oh, OK, your very welcome! Did you see my update?

• yes, I've been through that before and I totally agree it is because. Believe me, this other relationship will not last, it sounds like a rebound to me, he's prob really regretting his decision now but I certainly would not take him back. Fight fire with fire.