If I am so good-looking, how come no girls ever make the first move

Well, the thing is... I have often been told that I am a "very handsome, very good looking" man by many girls, yet... it seems as if I am always the one who needs to make the first move. Why is that? How come girls rarely strike up conversation with me if I am as good looking as some girls have said?

Just out of curiosity. I am pretty shy sometimes, especially when it comes to the beauties... but I have no problem keeping the conversation flowing when I start it. I am a natural speaker, but... it's just the initial conversation starting that makes it so damned difficult. Any tips?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably her insecurities would make her think you're out of her league. Or that there's no way you could be single. At least that's what I think when I see a hot or good looking guy. Unless they show interest first, there's no way I'd make the first move.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I would be intimidated by you, and since you're shy I would assume you maybe weren't interested or something? I'm pretty shy myself too so I don't approach guys I want, but can talk and joke with anyone else :/

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't talk to men because he's a good looking guy , I'm old fashioned anyway . I believe the guy should start the conversation .

1|0
    0|0
  • Making the first move is part of the masculine gender role. Women who are more on the masculine side (and looking for weaker, introverted guys) will make the first move. There's no reason for girls to come up to you. If you're so good looking all you have to do is walk up and smile at them, say hi and be charming. (Unless you're good looking and NOT charming (i.e., talkative and sociable)? Sorry, I wouldn't know just from reading the post...)

1|0
    0|0
  • they are afraid to talk to you because you are hot.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• girls don't really make the first move very often , I'd say less than 20% of the time the girl made the first move , girls usually expect guys to try and talk to them . hot girls don't really need to try and meet guys they have loads of guys desperately trying to meet them all the time . so yeah you need to get out there and start being more social

0|2
    1|1
  • Start off by asking her what her hobbies are, where she lives, her name, her family. If the girl likes you enough, she will keep the conversation going. But if she doesn't like you, she will give you one sided answers to the questions above and it would be time to move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter how good looking you are. Girls just want guy sto make the first move. Period.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's because they're shy as well.

Being good looking, you should be able to have more confidence in yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • They believe they are too good to make the first move. They let guys do all of the work

0|2
    1|0

Recommended myTakes