Need a female perspective on ex girlfriend behavior.

GF ended a 5+ year relationship one 1/2 months ago. She's had a new boyfriend for a month. I've discussed it with her and I know about him and seen him. He of course also knows about me as well. We only started NC 7 days ago because of exchanging property issues. The last time I retrieved property, she initiated contact by coming and talking to me. I really didn't want any contact. Today I was in the area where she lives working and she drove up to her home with her boyfriend. They left the doors open but stayed in the car and wouldn't come out. They both saw I was outside across the street. I purposely left for a minute and came back and they had dashed into the house without her even going to the mailbox, which is her normal routine. I found it an odd response to not just come out of the car and go inside like a normal couple would. Any ideas why she would have that kind of reaction?

Understand she knows I was working and wasn't stalking her/them. I've made no attempts to contact her. She knows if this relationship didn't work out, I would only be up for a friendship and nothing romantic with her.

Yes, I'm over-thinking it, but I need a female perspective on her odd behavior.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a few reasons to explain her reaction considering what you've typed.

It could be that someone is feeding some nonsense in her head that you've become a stalker. Maybe she's immature about seeing you when she's with this new guy. 5 years is a long time. Anyone would feel like it's wrong or weird being with someone else when the one you were so intimate with for so long is in sight.

I believe you should ignore it; shrug it off. If she or the new guy has something to say about it, they will. As long as you aren't doing anything wrong, not standing around "looking" stalker-ish. Also, if you were to react to this or question it, the guy or her can easily put it out of proportion and blow up on you. Leave it be.

• Thanks for the input.

@pissedoffANDfedup

She knows I have no reason to "stalk" her. She wouldn't even question it. So I don't believe she would think that's a motive. There's probably more into me questioning it, than there is in her actions or lack thereof.