Would you hate a guy for breaking up with you?

If a guy broke up with you, would you be able to stay friends with him? Would you hate him? Why would you hate him? Would you still love him?

In other words, how would you feel about him?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The question is too vague. I would need some more information or a situation to be able to judge whether or not I'd hate him.

If the feeling is mutual or he has some really good reasons for wanting to break up, I wouldn't hate him of course. He'd have to do some really bad stuff to me for me to start hating him. Cheating on me, either physically or emotionally, and then dumping me... yeah, I'd hate him for that. I think I'd also hate him if he ended things over a text or chat message, especially if we would have been together for a longer period of time. It all depends on the situation, and how he would break up with me.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if he tells you that he has found someone he likes more? Would that make you hate him?

• Show All
    • Everybody is beautiful in their own way. There is no one better than the other. It's only a matter if what you prefer more at the time.

• Yeah, I know.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• If a guy broke up with me with complete sincerity, in the end it would be fine. In the beginning, I would try to avoid him to cope with things & move on. But in the end, I'll get over it & I would love to be friends with him if he would want to & we wouldn't be awkward about it. Of course, if we were together for a long time & we exchanged 'I love you's' & got intimate, that might be a different story...

0|0
    0|0
    • So the longer you stay with someone, the more you hate them when they break up with you?

• I'm extremely late but yes, because you grow closer to them.

• I wouldn't hate him, but I could never be friends with him. He would become a person that exists only in my memories. At first, I'd focus on his bad aspects, to move on. Then I'd remember the whole picture and those are memories that I wouldn't want tainted by the awkwardness of hanging out with him.

1|0
    0|0
    • Same... unless he gave me a reason to hate him like committing a crime against me or something.

• Of course! Or if he cheated or became an absolute jerk after the break-up, that might generate some level of hate...

• I wouldn't hate him but I couldn't be friends with him. Not if I loved him it would hurt way to bad. Friendship would ruin the good memories that I had left of him and remind me that I wasn't good enough or it never could work out. Best to leave it the way I left it or hurt more

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't hate him, though that depends on why and how he broke up with me. If he cheated and let me find out on my own, he's a douche bag who isn't worth any time anymore.

If he just feels we don't work out and he says it face to face, why would I hate him? Nobody can control how they feel about someone and at least he had the guts to say it to my face.

If I still had feelings for him after a break up, I wouldn't be able to stay friends with him, just because it would hurt me too much to see him and talk to him a lot. But just a casual "hey, how are you" and some smalltalk is fine. Being friends would be possible when my feelings for him would be gone.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if he tells you that he has found someone he likes more?

• Show All
    • So in general it depends on his reason for breaking up and dropping everything for another girl is one of the reasons you would hate him, right?

Which means girls can hate a guy depending on the reason of break up.. alright.

• It's all about reasons and circumstances. Some girls will hate a guy even if he broke up for a legit reason (as in: no more feelings after giving it another chance) & breaking up face to face, just because of the fact he broke up with her.

• Depends on how they handled it.

I could respect him for breaking up with me in how he did it, and could also respect that he just didn't feel this was for him, etc. You can't force someone to stay with you if they aren't feeling it. It sucks a whole hell of a lot, but what can you do?

However, the behavior afterward is what made me lose respect. I was willing to be friends at some point and he just proved what a douche he really was in regard to people around him.

I don't hate him, but I don't really care for him all that much. We get along okay, but are far from friends. It fell more into acquaintance category at this rate.

0|0
    0|0
    • What did he do to you when you were willing to be friends with him?

• Being a total douche- ignoring me, flaking on me, and when we finally got to the point where we could hang out, he wanted sex. When I wouldn't give it to him, it was back to the avoidance/ignoring thing.

• I have a couple of ex's where we are still friends. Others I can't stand because we ended on bad terms. It all depends on the terms of the break up

0|0
    0|0
  • If he is honest, than no I wouldn't hate him and if there is no bad blood between us we can be friends

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the guy, how he treated me, and why he broke up with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm going trough something at the moment, well its been 6 months I am over the fact that he didn't want to be with me , but he wants to stay friends, that is the part that I'm hurting with cause , he hurt me so no I can't be friends with him now, but maybe in the future.

He is currently dating someone else and that's okay , but I can't be friends with him right now cause yes I still love him but I don't want him back. I don't hate him , I never would cause we have had great memories , but I can't be friends with him now maybe in few months when I'm completly healed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I might talk to him sometimes but I might say I hate him but only say it out of hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard not to..

0|0
    0|0
  • Being friends with ex(es) doesn't do me any good so I decided to cut all ties with all of them.

Nope I wouldn't hate them I just wish them the best as they're really good guys.

Love fades with time after I've moved on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hate? Possibly

0|0
    0|0
  • Would I hate him? No, never. If he was my BF, that means then at one time I loved him, and I have a hard time hating, so it's def not going to happen with someone I love/loved. Once I love, even if you wrong me, part of me will always love you, you will never leave my heart. If you hurt me over and over again though, I will fall OUT of love with you.

Would we stay friends? We might hang out once in awhile, because it's hard to completely let someone go, but I don't believe a true friendship can exist once two people have been romantic with each other.

How would I feel about him? Well, right away I'd be hurt and heart broken, but once that went away I would honestly wish him the best, and that he found the right girl for him.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Well I can apply this question but with a girl in mind instead.

My ex treated me nice, but she broke up with me as she had lost her emotions for me.

Which I am fine with, I have no problem with that. I can't force anyone to love or like me.

What I can't accept is the fact that she had been lying for me about how she felt about me for well over three months before she came out of it.

She wanted to be a friend with me and I told her to f*** off basically.

It doesn't matter how nice she treated me prior to her lies.

It doesn't matter how much time/money she has invested in me.

It's all gone, out of the f***ing window in a matter of minutes.

All because she couldn't be a real women and stand up for herself.

I don't trust her anymore, she could have slept with anyone as far as I know (especially since she was abroad and partying).

This is why I have become more or less (emotionally) independent, if someone doesn't want to be together with me then just say it. Otherwise you will do more damage than necessary.

We were together about two years before she, eventually, f***ed it up.

I'm glad I'm not with her anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends (how you broke up with her)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes