Why do guys show no emotion during a breakup?

ok so he was the one to breakup with me he broke up with me 2 month today. he admitted at the time it "was going to be hard" but its the best thing to do. however he told me he didn't miss me he clearly wasn't upset at all & he now goes to parties every weekend & he's happier than ever and he has completely moved on, how did he make it look so easy? I was part of his life for 2 years! he must feel something surely? I'm in the process of moving on and it is hard. however I have been begging him a lot and I have only recently just gave in and stopped and I am now doing 100% no contact. maybe this will be a wake up call to him? I don't want him back he has done far too much damage I just want him to realize what he has lost. ?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• The main issue you're going to run into here is that men are generally better about maintaining their social safety net (making time for friends, family, and time consuming hobbies) while in a relationship. Because of this, a breakup ends up being a crippling experience like it does for so many women. The reason why is because when you make time for friends, family, and your time consuming hobbies, you're never really "all in" with your relationship. This is a good thing because it prevents you from becoming too psychologically dependent on your SO, which is always unhealthy. Also, your buddies and your hobbies are right there to help keep your mind off things when the relationship ends.

Basically, men have a tendency to take out a sort of psychological "If sh*t goes horribly wrong" insurance policy while in a relationship, and, as a result, end up not becoming psychologically dependent enough on the girl to be psychologically/emotionally crippled when it ends. It is, in my opinion, a very healthy thing to do and more girls should do it too.