Would you guys ever make a move...

...on a girl that has a boyfriend? Explain why, why not, what kind of girl would make you do that... ;)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I would. But only if she is giving me signals, like light flirting, good eye contact, body language showing interest/attraction to me. All these things are indicators that she is either unhappy/unfulfilled in her current relationship or she just can't help noticing other guys (and both are green lights for new guys to proceed). And she would need to be an amazing girl. I'm not talking about nice figure/pretty smile - I'm talking about emotional connection. She has to be someone that attracts me on the inside with personality and HEART (I'm a sucker for super-sweet girls with hearts of gold). If the signals and the emo connection are present, I'm going to talk to her.

I recently took my first shot with a girl in a relationship (I know, I'm old, and you're like, "your first shot, really?"). She had been dating a guy for 1.5 years when we first met. But all the signs were there: Her face lit up with the most beautiful smile when I came around; It was so easy to talk with her; she remembered random facts about me and brought them up in conversations; she had great eye contact with me; she asked me lots of questions to get to know me. Everything about her just screamed PERFECT MATCH and I couldn't get her off my mind, even though I was feeling totally discouraged knowing she already had a guy. But after a few months of chatting with her and wishing and hoping and wondering, I finally decided I had to give it a try. And it paid off. I told her I think she's amazing and that even though she's in a relationship I had to tell her that I like her. She was all smiles and we set up our first date a few weeks ago. On the date she told me she had recently broken up with her boyfriend.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• A lot of your question depends on what kind of "move" you have in mind.

Back when I was dating, I would say never, in case the guy was like me.

I was a jealous and deliberate man. Someone could end up a corpse.

I have, in the past, asked a couple of men - very politely but firmly - to desist or step outside with me. She was pretty, but she was NOT giving signals or flirting (otherwise I would be mad at her). I am kind of lucky they backed down, because I would probably have an arrest record or something if they didn't, and if they were good fighters I would probably have a few broken teeth to go with it (or worse, like if they were armed). Never know how that stuff goes down until its go time; its never about playing tough guy but just defending what you have.

In general, messing with another man's woman is going to risk his wrath, and I would not want to be on the receiving end of it especially if his heart was filled with passion and white hot anger from his love for her and he was especially motivated. I don't care if its even some scrawny kid, that scrawny kid will find a way to become dangerous.

So no, I wouldn't make a move.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would only under the condition I am single myself, the relationship she is in is destructive, and I was her best friend or a close friend.

Of course the move would be probably more of support to get her away from the abusive relationship and not really the intent to steal her away. I really dislike abusive guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I've previously slept with a girl who had a boyfriend. I wouldn't specifically look for girls with boyfriends but if she is going to cheat it may as well be with me. I would never date a girl who I know cheats though, even if it was me she cheated with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't out of respect. It's also a reason a lot of guys don't make moves on girls in general because they don't know. Ask a guy who has hit on a girl with a boyfriend, things can get pretty ugly. Some boyfriends can be really violent and overprotective to the point where fists get thrown and so on. Ironically, some girls like that but they are the types to play games and live off the drama.

I also don't make friends with girls though in general if it doesn't really lead to a relationship. I do have girls that I could consider friends from things like childhood but I don't hang out with them consistently unless it is something like a family gathering where they were invited.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I would not.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't. There's enough single women out there that I don't need to be desperate enough to screw up some other guys RL no matter what their situation is. Cheaters turn me off anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never do that because I respect relationships and commitments a lot.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I have a guy friend that just broke up with his girlfriend because she cheated on him with another guy. This guy clearly knew that she had a boyfriend yet they decided to go full on the reason I think the guy was up to it is because she was offering sex, some knobs will do anything for that

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes