How can I tell if this guy just wants sex or if he's genuinely interested?

This a guy I met at a party who's going to the same school as me next year, and we started talking on Facebook. We would talk for 3~7 hours a night and we have really entertaining conversations. I can't tell what his intentions are, and I'd really like to date him or just be good friends, since we have great chemistry.

Signs he just wants some action:

-he flirts and makes things sexual in our conversation a LOT, doesn't seem to ask a lot of questions to get to know me

-he says he wants to "hang out", and doesn't seem to want to impress me with a proper date

-he is very good-looking and knows it, and just super confident

-hes had experience hooking up with no strings attached

-he hasn't asked for my number, we just talk on fb

Signs that he's genuine:

-he spends a lot of time chatting with me. a lot

-after I told him multiple times that I can't hook up with people without getting emotionally attached, and I said that even tho I think he's a good guy and attractive, I still can't hook up with him, and he still talks to me

-he says we can hang out first and take things slow after I stated my concerns, he says that he's not the type who would just hookup with someone and leave them hanging

-when I explained I didn't want to get physical because I might end up having feelings for him, he said that it wouldn't necessarily be bad thing and that I need to stop worrying about being left hanging

-he has been in relationships before

-we've talked about ex's, and I told him about how my ex just wanted me for sex and didn't treat me well and he said I don't hav eto worry about that with him. also he seemed pretty serious about his ex's

So yeah, what do you guys think? I would really appreciate some insight

11