How do I cope and get over him?

Me and my ex dated for 2 years and off and on for an additional 6 months. the off and on resulted from me finding out he had been cheating on me our ENTIRE relationship. first I know how stupid I was to go back with him so many times after I knew that but he is my first and only and I loved him very much. anyways after I found out he swore up and down he would never do it again but then I continued to find him cheating over and over and OVER again. every time it was the same thing; he'd start balling and saying he was so sorry and he loved me so much (I know he has a sex addiction problem), but at the same time he is so heartless. all the time he would cheat and lie. found out he slept with more people during last 6 months. I broke up with him for good over 3 weeks ago. we keep talking sparatically and he sends me random messages saying how much he loves me and he wants his friend back, but I keep finding out how he is going out to parties, talking to other girls, went on a date with one of the girls he slept with, and all kinds of other stuff. I don't have many friends that I hang out with (oh by the way during out relationship he would try to sabotage any friendships I did try to form and I never got guys numbers even though he would always have like 20 girls numbers in his phone). I don't socialize easily and seeing him going out and doing so much is making me sick to my stomach and so extremely sad. how do I cope with this? how do I stop caring that he is doing so much better than me?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Honey my ex and I broke up just last Tuesday the d*** told me over the phone he took me to lunch on Wednesday, we spoke for an hr on Thurs, he was acting as if he cared and I believed it. Went out Friday night to see him with another girl I called his ass to let him know I knew of his sneaky behavior. The Sat we spoke he apologized and confessed he met her a week before and he is single can do as he pleases he had no respect for me. That opened my eye, I don't cry again, I don't feel as if I am missing something and I don't call him, neither does he. I have learned one lesson always be confident and strong enough to walk away from something that doesn't need/wants you. Don't answer his texts, delete all contact with him, let him know exactly how you feel. It is okay to be angry and move on. he can f*** off he isn't air, you don't need him

1|0
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You cope by putting this in a different perspective. Lets say your much older than today. you have a daughter come to you with this very question what advice do you give her? That's your answer!

2|0
    0|0
    • Thank u. You are right. I would NEVER want my daughter to date someone like my ex and iwould tellher that she deserves better and it doesn't matter if he is goiing out alreadyand tLking to other girls thatjust shows how much of a jerk he is.

• thank you hun, you do deserve better and will find a real that will respect you and love you for everything that you are.. I happy for your future,one lucky guy is out there waiting for you!

• you need to completely cut him off your life, stop answering his calls, stop reading his messages just delete them before reading. go out more with your girlfriends socialize with other people more, try doing the first move on guys you like:) get yourself out there...

3|0
    0|0
  • Remove contacts and avoid seeing him. Also, find a new guy.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• What you need to do is find new things to do, to take your mind off that sh*t bag. You do not deserve to be in a relationship with a cheater, do you know how many stds he can give you. You are worth more than that. Do not let him do as he pleases to you. Go out and have fun

0|0
    0|0
    • yea I know. that's the thing that has made me the most angry is he didn't even care about my health. I was always faithful to him too. I wanna go out but I have such a hard time socializing. I don't get close to people easily which is another reason I had trouble letting go of him. I just can't take seeing and hearing him out and partying and having fun then he still sends me stupid msgs acting as if he misses me. just block him and forget him right?

• Simple. Know that you are better than that and by moving on, you are one step closer in finding someone worthy of you. I know its hard girl, but it's for your own good. Work on yourself. Go to the gym, focus on school/work, get a makeover, go shopping. Spend time on things YOU love and make you happy. You will be just fine!

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks I've been trying make myself do those things its just wheni hear how he went to a party or hung out with another girl it makes me miserable and depressed. I don't even really want tobe with him anymore because of how much of an a**hole he is but its def hard. Thanks for the advise!

Recommended myTakes