Are people who are paranoid about getting cheated more likely to get cheated?

Are people who are paranoid about getting cheated more likely to get cheated on than people who don't worry? Also would any of you date or fool around with someone who you knew cheated before?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. No.

2. Definitely not.

I was only emotionally cheated on once, though I did worry about him cheating simply because he loved pointing out every girl that he could "do" to me. Bleh.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• People who cheat are more paranoid about being cheated on. People who have been cheated on generally know what red flags to look for and do have a guard up.

I would not date a man who has a history of cheating. I would however, enter into a relationship with a man who has had a slip up or made one minor mistake. I've been burnt in the past and have no tolerance for it. I find cheating to be something only a coward would do. That isn't a great characteristic.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I knew that the guy that wanted to date me has cheated on a girl in the past I would say he would have a 10% chance of getting with another girl that knew he'd cheated as girls would worry about him cheating too often then not.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you suspect your being cheated on most likely you are like for example if your gf/ boyfriend gets home late regularily, etc...always follow your in instincts you never know and do some investigating

0|0
    0|0
  • They're paranoid because they've had it happen I bet. So it's really the opposite way around.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's the law of attraction

0|0
    0|0
  • I sometimes get a bit paranoid, but I try to stay positive cause if he it does happen it does and I can't control that. And no I wouldn't, a cheater is gonna cheat on you too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. I don't think so but depends on if the paranoia is displayed or not

2. having a history of cheating wouldn't be enough to make me give up on someone. people can change. I know I did when I found the love of my life.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1. Wouldn't you try and talk to the person if it was displayed and make it better rather than do the thing their scared of for whatever reason?

• No, I don't think so, though being paranoid will bring nothing good to relationship.

And yes, I have been with someone who cheated before, I end up being hurt, even though I would date someone who cheated if I like him, I don't think I care.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• First question: No.

Second question: Probably. Depends on so many factors; if you cheated on your man when you were 16 and you're now 30 that's not an indicator of much.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think this is the case. I think they are just more likely to catch their partner cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say no. But it will start to eat you up and ruin your relationship as a relationship without trust is very hard on both parties and ultimately not worth pursuing. To avoid this I would game other girls whilst seeing this girl so I do not develop oneitis - obviously keeping boundaries, and realize if it doesn't work out there are other woman out there... which you have been putting the ground work in for.

To your second question I have and got hurt. To be fair if a girl has had 4 boyfriends and cheated on 3 and your the 5th I know where my monies going. Once a girl has cheated and she sees it as fine, she will most likely do it again.

0|1
    0|0
    • My current relationship is very taxing for this very reason. She lives 9000 miles away, and her friends butt in on conversations, speaking a language they know I can't understand. It's rude, but she will defend them before she will me. They know they can say almost anything about me in Cebuano, and I can't defend myself because I don't understand them.

• What I'm trying to say is, it's impossible to completely trust her under those circumstances, as much as I want to.

• It will probably not raise your chances to be cheated on but most probably the chances of a break-up due to exaggerated controlling all the time.
    And cheating is normally the last element in a long chain of failures from either side, so of course, you can totally date somebody who cheated before. They did it most probably, because things were really screwed up there and none of the two tried to fix anything.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes