When a guy tells a girl he is 'hunting'?

I've been crushing on my buddy for a long time. I thought maybe he likes me too but I'm not too sure. We have been getting closer and closer over the 2 years plus we know each other. After gym and dinner he told me he's been working out because he's 'hunting' this year. He said he wasn't hunting last year. We are close and can talk about most things but there's a limit to our sharing. Like there's a possibility we like each other mutually but we're just saving face because we are unsure of each others' feelings. I'm pretty self conscious to reveal how I feel so I hide it behind this buddy mask like I can take whatever he dish out and give him as good as I get bantering. We just got back from a vacation with another girl friend. Nothing happened during the trip. He wants to go on another trip now and we know our travel friend won't be able to join us because she's out of leaves already. I figured since we survived one trip together without killing each other and he's still having dinners with me (like nice dinners at our fav restaurants), maybe he could mean I'm a possible 'prey'? Would you guys tell a girl you like you are 'hunting' or is that just buddy talk?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• My thought of "hunting" is that he is getting in shape for an extensive elk hunt where he may have to pack several hundred pounds of meat a few miles back to a road. he may be preparing to drag a 200 lb field dressed deer 2 miles to the road. He may be getting ready to walk 20 miles in a day for pheasants. Or he may be preparing for duck season where he may lug 60 plus decoys with anchors, a 10 lb shotgun, and loaded down with shells while in waders for 3 or so miles to a secluded hot spot.

Yes, I have done all of the above except for the elk hunting. He may be just preparing to hunt this fall and winter.