When a guy tells a girl he is 'hunting'?

I've been crushing on my buddy for a long time. I thought maybe he likes me too but I'm not too sure. We have been getting closer and closer over the 2 years plus we know each other. After gym and dinner he told me he's been working out because he's 'hunting' this year. He said he wasn't hunting last year. We are close and can talk about most things but there's a limit to our sharing. Like there's a possibility we like each other mutually but we're just saving face because we are unsure of each others' feelings. I'm pretty self conscious to reveal how I feel so I hide it behind this buddy mask like I can take whatever he dish out and give him as good as I get bantering. We just got back from a vacation with another girl friend. Nothing happened during the trip. He wants to go on another trip now and we know our travel friend won't be able to join us because she's out of leaves already. I figured since we survived one trip together without killing each other and he's still having dinners with me (like nice dinners at our fav restaurants), maybe he could mean I'm a possible 'prey'? Would you guys tell a girl you like you are 'hunting' or is that just buddy talk?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My thought of "hunting" is that he is getting in shape for an extensive elk hunt where he may have to pack several hundred pounds of meat a few miles back to a road. he may be preparing to drag a 200 lb field dressed deer 2 miles to the road. He may be getting ready to walk 20 miles in a day for pheasants. Or he may be preparing for duck season where he may lug 60 plus decoys with anchors, a 10 lb shotgun, and loaded down with shells while in waders for 3 or so miles to a secluded hot spot.

Yes, I have done all of the above except for the elk hunting. He may be just preparing to hunt this fall and winter.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Whenever a girl tells me she's just coming back from the gym/yoga/pilates/esthetician I know it's a hidden sexual signal. Women know damn well that hinting to a guy about her flexible legs, painted nails, soft feet and firm abs whatever will conjure up sexual images in a man's mind.

Conversely, a guy telling you he's gone to the gym and that he is hunting could very well be him trying "impress" you and trying to get you to see him as a sexual man as opposed to you seeing him as your "best gay friend."

So yeah it's possible. Though I ask myself, the world is full of men why only focus on this one guy you've known as a firend for 2 years. Stat going out and exposing yourself to meeting more potentially attractive men. The world is full of them.

0|1
    0|0
    • I have been keeping my options open since he's been rather slow... But I haven't met anyone new yet so far. Seriously, I've been looking but no one interesting so far... So possibility he's saying something to me huh. Today at the gym, I commented he's dripping (sweat a lot) and he replied he likes that satisfied feeling of a long run like... "If you know what I mean" and he jabbed me and said its been awhile... Fed my imagination sexually. At dinner, we're talking like friends as usual.

• Does he hunt as in animal hunting? He could be working out simply because walking around in the woods for hours can be taxing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a buddy talk. If he's really hunting, he won't tell the "prey".

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks. Glad you cleared that for me :)

What Girls Said 2

• that could mean anything..when you hunt you aren't hunting for one in particular,open field ,if you want him do as prey,let him chase u

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes I know. That's the sad bit. It could be he's hunting for a new FWB because he's had one before or a hook up only. I'm just banking on the hope he considers me of better worth than a mere hook up or a FWB type (no offence to those who enjoy this). I told him before I don't share so I hope he remembers that. One reason why I patiently wait for him to make the first move despite crushing on him for so long. Hoping he's ready for a real girlfriend this time.

• Tell him how you feel and see if he is on the same page so you don't have to guess

• He's still looking and not for anything serious.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes