Should I date other people? I want my ex back!

First off, I'm not over my ex, there is a good probability we will get back together. We dated for 3 1/2 years, and we are both young. I'm 20, she's 18. We have been broken up for over a month. I've read all the blogs that say, you should date to get your confidence back, and then she will come back. I today half jokingly, half serious asked a girl to go to a baseball game with me tonight. She actually said yes, which shocked me because I thought she hated me. When she said yes, I instantly asked another person, a guy in my class, if he wanted my tickets to the game. He took them, and the girl seemed disappointed. I think I may not have wanted to go, because I can't see myself with any other girl but my ex. My ex girlfriend asked me last week not to date anyone, and she said she isn't going to date anyone. ( I know she is being honest, just trust me) Any advice or insight?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Getting back to your ex is not working. It will go over again anyway!
    I've seen it a million times and also happened with my 2 exes.
    We tried many times to fix it, but we could not.

I also was dating a guy he said he was totally done with his ex..
    After a month he went back with her.
    And I was so in love..
    and he seemed to be in love with me also.

so I just wanna say, you should not date with girls if you are not ready.
    They could fall in love with you and then you only upset them if you get back with your ex.
    Or you fall in love with 2 girls (your ex and the new girl).
    So better wait until you are completely over...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• that was rude how you pawned her off on someone else

1|0
    0|0
  • Not rocket science. You want her. She told you not to date. Seems simple to me. Don't date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you on break or did you break up? It sounds like your girl is unsure of what she wants. Either way, you two need to talk it out, figure out why this distance is needed, and talk about what you expect to come out of this/how to act during it. If she broke up with you, its not fair for her to string you along while she figures her feelings out. So figure out what this break/break up really means to both of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Awwe I think your ex still likes you and apparently that girl must have been into you to! But, I know the feeling of not being able to see yourself with anyone else, I feel the same away about my ex but we haven't spoke for 5 years ;(

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• If I were you I'd move on, living in the past isn't always best, and neither is dating your ex

0|0
    0|0
  • You should really go back with you ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should've went to the girl. Explore your options. It's bad going back to your ex because you can't fixed a broken glass.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes