Should I date other people? I want my ex back!

First off, I'm not over my ex, there is a good probability we will get back together. We dated for 3 1/2 years, and we are both young. I'm 20, she's 18. We have been broken up for over a month. I've read all the blogs that say, you should date to get your confidence back, and then she will come back. I today half jokingly, half serious asked a girl to go to a baseball game with me tonight. She actually said yes, which shocked me because I thought she hated me. When she said yes, I instantly asked another person, a guy in my class, if he wanted my tickets to the game. He took them, and the girl seemed disappointed. I think I may not have wanted to go, because I can't see myself with any other girl but my ex. My ex girlfriend asked me last week not to date anyone, and she said she isn't going to date anyone. ( I know she is being honest, just trust me) Any advice or insight?

53

Most Helpful Girl

• Getting back to your ex is not working. It will go over again anyway!
    I've seen it a million times and also happened with my 2 exes.
    We tried many times to fix it, but we could not.

I also was dating a guy he said he was totally done with his ex..
    After a month he went back with her.
    And I was so in love..
    and he seemed to be in love with me also.

so I just wanna say, you should not date with girls if you are not ready.
    They could fall in love with you and then you only upset them if you get back with your ex.
    Or you fall in love with 2 girls (your ex and the new girl).
    So better wait until you are completely over...