If someone meant something to you or has some value to you, would you keep in touch with them?

My EX and I broke up about 8 months ago. I broke up with him.

He was sad. He wanted me back but the relationship had ran its course and I know we are not a good match for a healthy, loving relationship.

However, I still care about him very much as a friend.

I want to keep in touch.

He does not want to keep in touch.

His behaviors right now (not wanting to keep in touch) made me feel as though our relationship meant nothing and I am of no value to him at all. I feel hurt by this because I had loved him once and still care.

We are living in different countries now and I have moved on in terms of 'I don't want to be in a relationship with him anymore'

I'm just confused as to why he wouldn't want to keep in touch.

• Yes I would keep in touch
  • No I will not keep in touch
  • See answer
    Vote C
  • I never loved someone
    Vote D

35

Most Helpful Guy

• You breaking it off the way you did, made him feel the same as you feel now. You could have just let it run it's course rather than intervening with such an abrupt stop. This would have just faded into a "just friends" relationship due to the circumstances of reality.. He is recovering from a lot of pain right now.. And he likely thought; "Did you not ascribe any value to this at all...?"

I'm sorry if me telling you this hurts you, but I have been hurt in a similar way as for the abrupt stop in the relationship... There just don't seem to be a need to handle it like that under the circumstances you described..

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE