How long does one wait before putting themselves out there after ending an 8 year relationship?

My ex and I stopped being intimate 3 yeas ago. About 6 weeks ago I finally decided there was no reason for us to continue just because we were comfortable. The whole relationship was more like having a roommate then a significant other. Now I'm faced with what's next. Is it to soon to think about dating again?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• really, its not too soon. Don't waste time out of your life! if you are thinking about it, try it! Its not like you are getting married or something, just go date and have fun with the single life for a while. The reason I'm saying that is there is a chance that finding the right guy takes time and I hope to see you have the optimal chance of meeting him :)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I was with my ex for 4 years. The last 2 years lacked intimacy, so when we finally called it quits, it really didn't take me long to move on.

I'd say enjoy the single life for a short while longer before hopping back into the dating game. Dating is stressful, and it sounds like you deserve a break =]

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I think you can start dating! my dads fiance of 7 years cheated on him and he dumped her for it and a week later got a online dating account, dated around.. found one he really likes and they've been together almost a year already. I think if you feel you are emotionally ready, then go for it ...as long as your still not living with your ex ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not to soon get out there. For the life of me I can't believe you stayed in a relationship for 3 years with no intimacy. I know I didn't stay that long.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope not too soon! Get out there lady! You've waited long enough.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes