How long does one wait before putting themselves out there after ending an 8 year relationship?

My ex and I stopped being intimate 3 yeas ago. About 6 weeks ago I finally decided there was no reason for us to continue just because we were comfortable. The whole relationship was more like having a roommate then a significant other. Now I'm faced with what's next. Is it to soon to think about dating again?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• really, its not too soon. Don't waste time out of your life! if you are thinking about it, try it! Its not like you are getting married or something, just go date and have fun with the single life for a while. The reason I'm saying that is there is a chance that finding the right guy takes time and I hope to see you have the optimal chance of meeting him :)