Has anyone ever experienced a boyfriend / girlfriend that acts like a parent?

I feel my boyfriend is constantly treating me like a child "did you eat. Did you brush your teeth"

last night was the most annoying thing ever. he called to say goodnight right. Then I got out of bed to eat sum oatmeal and then I came back to bed he started huffing about how I should brush my teeth before bed I told him I did he was like but you just ate your not nasty remember your not like those homeless people at the shelter you stayed with right so go brush teeth.

I got annoyed w even talking about it so I did it but this morning I felt reluctant about calling him because I started feeling I don't like him. I lov my boyfriend we been together almost 2 years but I felt so dead towards him when he called to say good morning.

I told him how I felt but he always okay butbi dn treat you like a child

Anyone else have this problem? Ik I have lupus so he cares for me when I'm ill could it be that he is taking this nurturting thing too far?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• he cares about you but he is clearly crossing the line. if you love him you should communicate to him how you feel. basically say when you treat me this way it makes me feel ________. I know you are just trying to look out for me but still I'm an adult, I want a boyfriend not a parent.

That said you should brush your teeth after your last meal of the day prior to bed because the sugars in the food turn to lactic acid which destroys tooth enamel and causes cavities...

But you are 100% right he doesn't need to to come down on you in a parental sort of way. There are good ways to go about things and bad things and it sounds like he needs a little checking to know that he may be crossing the line