What to do about my ring?

My boyfriend...*sigh* sorry, ex boyfriend, broke up with me a few days ago. I'm very very very hurt by this more than any break up I've ever had before...I truly loved this guy, he had loved me too. I still love him. We had been together almost a year (would have been in 3 weeks). We had made some future plans together and had even talked of getting married. But right here and now, its over. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if in a few weeks/months he came back saying he made a mistake and wants to get back together. I would really hope that's the case, but there's no way I'm gonna sit back and wait for him because he can do what he wants and there's a chance he maynever come back. But if he came back and apolgized, showed me that he would actually work on a relationship this time, I'd gladly take him back, but I'd be a lot more wise and careful. Anyways! A few months ago he bought me a promise ring...what do I do with it?! Its really pretty and I love it.I've gotten so used to wearing it, I have a mini heart attack if I look down and see I forgot to put it on. I have a care package/insurance on it. So do I keep wearing it?! It reminds me of him of course...but I'm just uncertain of what to do. To wear it or not?! Keep it or get rid of it? Even if I stop wearing it, there's a decent sized scar on my finger from it (I had tripped, my hand slammed against a wall, end of one of the prongs dug into my finger, made it bleed, left a scar), which just reminds me that it was once there. He hasn't asked for it back. Would it be in bad taste to keep wearing it, esp if I see him? I also have a pearl necklace he bought me for Christmas, its beautiful and I've always wanted real pearls. What about those? And like I said (his family and some of our friends have said it too), it wouldn't surprise me at all if he came back and wanted a relationship with me again...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You should just throw it away.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Don't sit around waiting, he might, and he might be trying on different girls, Keep the items in a box, o wear them, but don't give them back,they are yours to keep!

0|0
    0|0
  • First, the pearl necklace was a gift to you and you are entitled to keep it if you want them. As to the promise ring, I would give it back to him. That ring was more than a gift and keeping it will always remind you of the whole situation. If he does decide to come back and you are willing to take him back then he can make the decision to give you the ring back when it truly does match with his feelings towards you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes