Why use No Contact after a break up did this help you find closure any easier?

What key event or thought finally gave you closure after your break up?

How did using No Contact effect you as the Dumper or the Dumpee?

Is using No Contact just the cowards way out of a relationship?

I guess I just don't get the concept of No Contact after a break up, having always ended things amicably in the past with any one else in my life. So naive was I having him said what he did I thought he is just mad at me, give him some time and contact him when he is no longer angry after all we were in a fight when we he broke it off.

I only learned that he was using No Contact on me when I found this site, I never heard of such a thing before that..he must have as he is still using it!

38

Most Helpful Guy

• ehhhh I had the same exact questions as you after a breakup, I feel like most people do.

the key event for closure? my ex said if you love someone...let them go if it was meant to be, it'll be. The closure came when I realized if it was meant to be, it would have never ended. it was pretty weird, one day you'll wake up and suddenly feel completely different.

effect of no contact? I was the dumpee. the longer the no contact, the more I examined all the faults and problems of the relationship. I realized I treated her a lot better than she treated me. all the positive things I thought right after the breakup were replaced with negative aspects of the relationship as time went on.

no contact as the cowards way out? yes and no. 1. if a dumper initiates no contact, yes I feel that it is because they wanted to end it. they should at least be able to talk things out if they genuinely cared about you sometime throughout the relationship.2. if a dumpee initiates no contact, no I feel that it isn't because they broke up with you. you are just trying to move on and cut them out of your life like they want.

• Your comment has hit a nerve with me because I agree if it was meant to be he would have come back to me and worked it out after all that is what he wanted from me - I'm angry at him making me promise something that he himself was unwilling to do particularly as I told him you are nothing if not your word. He often said the right things to appease me his actions never matched the fact was he did not know how to be in a relationship and I like you treated him better than he treated me by far

• exactly. if it was meant to be, it would never turn into a "real breakup", they would have came back within a month to at least talk or try to work things out. if you get back together within a month, it is just a fight/ hiccup in the relationship. anything longer than a month and the thoughts of this person is the one goes out the window. this is just my viewpoint tho, I'm sure everyone thinks differently and I actually know of people that have gotten back together after a long breakup