I don't know if I did the right thing to breakup with him...

Well I recently broke up with my boyfriend because I NEVER see him and can NEVER talk to him unless I go over his house, which isn't nearly enough time to see him. Also, this seems bad, but I started to like his best friend a little while after we started dating. So me and his best friend had been texting for a while and he would ask me questions like did I love my boyfriend and do we talk, which made me feel less secure in my relationship. So I told my recent ex that I needed time to think and I never see him... he told me he loved me but I couldn't biring myself to say it back... So after we halfway broke up, his best friend texted me and asked if we had broken up. I told him sorta kinda and long story short, I go out with his best friend now. I feel terrible and like a manipulator and cheater, and even worse, I'm beginning to regret breaking up with my ex because he was a good guy, we just didn't really have legit conversations but I kind of loved him. I love my new boyfriend too though. What should I do in this situation? Should I break up with my new boyfriend or what..? I've cinfused myself really badly.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• From a guy's perspective, this could look pretty bad to your ex, but I totally get that feeling, that the person you liked wasn't there as much as you may have wanted.

The best thing to do, and this is just my opinion, so don't take it as the ultimate way to go about this business, is to make it clear to your ex that you've moved on. If you haven't yet, telling him now would be the best thing to do to avoid having things get worse. If your new boyfriend treats you the way your ex couldn't, then there's no reason to go back to him, especially if you "love" your new boyfriend. If your ex can't get with the program, it's very unfortunate, but relationships are a learning process in a way, so he'll hopefully get something out of it.

Try to keep things cool and diplomatic, but make it clear that you have specific wants and needs that he simply wasn't willing to provide for you. Of course, it's more complicated than that, but I hope that helps.