So I have this theory that your status in high school determines your dating life in adulthood?

I can't make generalizations but just based on my own high school, the girls who were the most popular, are the girls with the "hottest" guys in long term relationships, the guys that were popular, are the ones with hot girlfriends as well, and the dorks that were single through out high school, are stull single.

In fact I was checking a friend of mine, who I see sometimes in real life, Facebook just as one example, and I realize, man this guy is really good looking, he is even better looking than Adrian Brody, he even has a talk show on a radio station.

Yet though out high school he was always lonely, he is tall, slim, handsome, dress good, he is not gay, yet he had never has a girlfriend.

Another friend, a different guy, he is even ripped now, he goes out constantly to see if he can meet someone, he has his sh*t together since he is a professional and always is planning hang outs with friends, he takes care of expensive hang outs sometimes just to keep the opportunities rolling, yet, he still can't get anyone. Why because he never could, back in high school he was lonely as well.

So I was thinking, if these guys who happen to be successful, have good looks, have money, have their sh*t together, can't get girls, it probably goes back to how they felt since high school, I bet they probably felt like losers, they were always nice outside, but sad and lonely inside, and this just brings them bad luck in the dating scene.

I don't think it has to do with family, these guys have real good families.

125

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you could be underestimating these guys. Sure they may be single now, but that could be by choice. People who often have a hard time growing up, are often the ones who develop great characters and have standards. I wouldn't be surprised at all if these guys are picky because they have a lot to offer (and to be honest I think that's their right.).

Your friend the radio host would have a lot of girls throwing themselves at him because he 1)Handsome, 2)Semi famous and 3) has a great career.

With your other friend, if he's going out a often as you say, is generous and looks smokin', then I'd say he's not single because he can't get anyone (Plenty of gold diggers would be chasing after him) but because he hasn't found the right person. I wouldn't be surprised if he hooks up with a lot of girls but leaves them as one night stands.

I think the case with your friends is that after what they went through in High School, they most likely know that there are important aspects of character in people that shouldn't be overlooked when considering a partner (E.g. is she nasty, conceited, etc).

The next time you are out with these guys, take a look at the woman around the place and see how they're behaving. I think you'll find there'll be a lot of attraction.

The reason I have this point of view is because when I was in High School, I was in the unpopular group and I didn't date for a variety of reasons. I'm still not dating now (5 years since I left) but that's not because of lack of suitors (which might I add some have been very hot) but because I know that there are more important things than just being with a partner to avoid being alone which I realized in High School.

Also with regard to the 'Hot' people being in relationships, that doesn't mean they're happy. People often stay together because they're terrified of being alone. For example, my brother has been with his girlfriend for ten years and he really does hate her (He's said to me multiple times when they haven't been fighting), but he stays with her out of fear of being alone.

Whoa, I didn't expect this to turn into an essay.

• well I know them, but I like what you said, and even though I know this is not the case, it is my hope that it turns that way in the near future.