Says we can't be together because she still loves her ex and doesn't want to hurt me. What should I do?

So there's this girl that I recently met through a mutual friend and she's wonderful and I think I'm falling for her.i have known her for about a month and we text all the time. She about a month out of a 3 year relationship and isn't over her ex. We have kissed and she was wanting to have sex with me. (Friend accidentally c-blocked me by walking in to use the bathroom and getting in argument with his gf.) We eventually just cuddled and she was comfortable enough with me to sleep without any panties on. (There was some alcohol involved.) She came over the next night and I decided to come clean to her about how I felt. She said that she still loves her ex and if she was to date me she would end up hurting me. She then admitted to me that she thinks I'm cute, attractive etc. So it seems likes she genuinely cares about me. I really like everything about this girl. Does she like me or is she just trying to let me off easy? Should I try an wait it out for her to get over her ex? What is your guys take on this?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• She likes you but her feelings for her ex are stronger. You just need to move on.