Once a cheater, always a cheater?

I've been wondering, if someone cheats, do you think that they're always going to be a cheater? Is it really "once a cheat, always a cheat." or can they change?
  • ...always a cheat.
    Vote A
  • ...not always a cheat.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
OK, first off, you people DO know I wasn't asking about myself, right? You DO know that I was not coming here and asking "Will my cheating Boyfriend change?" don't you? This was an "in general" kind of question. To the best of my knowledge, I have never had someone cheat on me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I find this question comes up a lot on this site. I've given pretty much the same response each time.

Cheaters rarely change. Though I think they're more likely to change if they got dumped hard, and seriously f***ed hard for doing it, but even then I am of the opinion that it's selfish behavior , and won't likely change.

I'll just repeat what I've said in the past.

My experience is that while people can change, on average, they usually won't. In general. Not just cheaters. Most people don't change unless they really want to, or unless something big happened. Even then, it's generally unlikely, and the change typically happens quite slowly. With cheaters? Hell no. Cheaters are generally selfish by nature. They don't change. Especially if you forgive them.

See, here's how I see it. If you forgive a cheater (for whatever reason), well then, then you have essentially just told some part of their brain that it's OK. I'm not saying in a literal sense. (Although, that could happen, too) I'm saying you forgive (and keep/take back) a cheater, then the cheater now knows that there is forgiveness. You have just told them that no matter what, there is a chance they can come back from this. This guarantees that it will happen again.

However, I feel a swift kick to the curb sends a powerful message, and guarantees it won't happen again, to YOU. It might even get through that they screwed up. Doubtful. This is still betting against the spread, but it's more likely that the cheater who lost someone is going to change than a cheater who was forgiven for irreparably damaging the trust and very foundation of a relationship. Would you not agree?

Now, you folks might read this and think that I am cold, cynical or unforgiving. Maybe, maybe not. I can tell you that I speak from experience. First and second hand. I have been cheated on loads of times by so very many of my girlfriends. I learned from that. I also learned from watching others. Friends who have been cheated on. Friends who have cheated. I've watched, and experienced it and I've seen, heard and read the stories from all over. (GirlsAskGuys included) I took note of the patterns.

Sure, forgive all you like, but only after you've dumped their cheating asses. Forgive, but don't forget. It's important to be smart about it. There's a slim chance they can change. Personally, I think you have a slightly better chance of winning the powerball, twice, in a row.

3|4
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 49

• IMO, cheating is either a huge one-time mistake, or it's something that will never stop, and you can tell the difference by the way someone reacts: if they are *genuinely* REPENTANT about their cheating, are aware of the pain they caused, and work very hard to earn trust afterward, then they'll probably not cheat again.

If not, then they're just selfish, and no matter what they say, they'll have no problem justifying their decision to cheat again the next time an opportunity presents itself.

6|2
    0|0
  • Humans fall into patterns. And more importantly, humans never change. So yes, if someone cheats on you once, they will cheat again. And if they cheat on you, they will cheat on someone else. Being able to cheat or be unfaithful to someone is not about what is right or wrong in that person's mind. It is about a moral stance that they have justified in their mind.

If she leaves another guy for you, then she will leave you for another guy. I only made the mistake once and have since seen it hundreds of times.

I know what you're thinking, but BatDoc, humans can change. And I say to you, no they can't. Humans can't change, they can only create scenarios which do not provide them with opportunities to repeat their patterns. I provide alcoholics as a prime example. Recovered alcoholics don't drink, not even a little bit. The reason is because they know if they start, they will fall back into their destructive patterns. Therefore, they create an environment that does not involve alcohol. They try to avoid bars or social situations where there is drinking. So you can't change a cheater, you can only create a scenario where they have no opportunity to cheat.

2|1
    0|0
  • The short answer is no. The fact that a person cheated once will have NOTHING TO DO with the possibility that he might cheat again. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. It doesn't matter that he has done it before.

People cheat because they don't really care about the other person or the relationship that they are currently in. They are either unhappy about something, or they don't have respect for the person they're with. This is why they end up cheating. Some people will actively go out and cheat, while others might just get caught up in a situation. They happen for different reasons, but they don't always happen.

Let's say a guy is unhappy with his current girlfriend. One of his hot friends makes a move on him and he doesn't really feel like saying no BECAUSE HE IS UNHAPPY WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND. So he ends up cheating on her. THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IF HE WAS HAPPY WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND. It doesn't matter if he cheated before. Guys who have cheated before, but who ARE happy with their girlfriends, and respect them, ultimately won't cheat on them.

0|2
    0|1
    • if he was unhappy ad had respect, he'd discus it, or break up, no one is forcing him to be in that relationship.

cheating is a problem because its disrespectful. a person willing to cheat is willing to be disrespectful. even if they never cheat again, they still have it within them to be disrespectful.

a person who cheats is untrustworthy for reasons of character. not specifics of immediate behavior.

• Agreed with Toulouse. if you read "Not Just Friends" by Shirley Glass, you will see that even generally problem-free relationships can lead to cheating one on side because the person is entitled and disrespectful.

• I agree with TimeAndTimeAgain, that sometimes what he says can happen. But I also agree with Toulouse, that there are also (majority) people like that, who in most circumstances have it in them to cheat again.

• Everyone is capable of redemption.

We just have to study their inclinations and their environment.

A nice guy who works in a finance office with a bunch of jackals who take him to pickup bars and cheat on their spouses all the time in front of him may make it easier for him to slip and fail.

A dog who goes to work in a church or charity or something, and ends up around uptight religious types may cheat anyway, out of spite. Just kidding. He may clean up his act. You never can tell with real dogs - the guys who cheated on everyone they ever dated. He may meet his Elanor, and keep his nose clean. See the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds." Or just Google Elanor and look at the Bullit Mustangs.

Oh, sh*t, who cares? Elanor means the one that got away, or the one he's just irredeemably obsessed with.

Some of us have slipped once or twice when relationships were really bad. Or we were really mixed up. We then go on to stay monogamous, because the guilt of those fails is enough to keep us clean.

With women, I think it's similar, but with the caveat that women cheat for revenge much more often than guys do. So if it's worked for her in the past, and she uses it to be able to go back to her man and put up with whatever made her stray in the first place, she's going to continue that behavior with whatever guy she dates.

I think.

Who knows.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've recently been studying more of the nature of fallibility, even maladaptive behavior, as a function of environment.

If the person is in a permissive environment they have more of a probability of cheating, so I answered like I did.

I feel the most important aspect of the person's integrity is going to come from their character, though. So I'd put a lot more weight on whether or not they've cheated before.

Then study their rationale for claiming they're not going to cheat anymore.

• 1. I believe in reforms, evolution etc so I voted 'B' :D

2. Cheating as we refer to is generally referred to in relationships where we have sex i.e. stayin relationships, marriages etc

3. There are so many faces to this that it's almost impossible to summarize it into one nutshell or answer

4. If you have asked this question cause you believe that 'once a cheater will always be a cheater' I'm not surprised :)

5. However, since we are referring to cheating as described in point 2 above, for me if my woman slept with another man or woman or otherwise it'd never bother me

6. What will bother me is malacious intentions - THAT is what I term 'cheating' i.e. using ones trust to create material &/or physical harm

7. The woman I very much love wooed me all the time till I didn't submit. She made so many statements and promises till I didn't. She probably did that cause it was more of a ego cause loads of people found her very attractive while I didn't have the time to pay attention to her. OK both of us are very attractive people. But again one fine day she dumped me lol - technically someone would call that cheating, but I don't. I never checked her messages or phone book or mails ever though I knew she had many relationships before me and also kept in touch with quite a few of them.

8. Cheating can happen for reasons such as:

8.1. Compulsive nature - unlikely to change

8.2. Circumstantial - can / willing to change

8.3. Players - will never change

8.4. Clinical situation (can also connect to point 8.1.)

9. Based on the above we can state that there's no thumb rule that 'once a cheater will always be a cheater'

10. However, historically and that is how nature's made it men do tend to look beyond their relationship borders more in terms of physical intimacy than women cause also that men view sex and sexuality much more differently than women :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe not always a cheater but defiantly likely to do it again. If they did it once then what's to say they won't do it again? Their track record has proven then to be untrustworthy so why should you believe you are any different. It's like people who steal, once they steal once it becomes less of a big deal to them so they keep doing it, they got away once and they get a rush from it. Careful with people who cheat, the past isn't always an indicator of the future but its a pretty good one.

0|0
    0|0
  • A cheater is almost always going to remain a cheater. The nonsense people say about how anyone can make a mistake is pure garbage. Cheating is not a mistake. Cheating is a choice.

1|2
    0|1
    • People make mistakes in all walks of life and learn from them and redeem themselves.

Are you that bitter towards cheating, that you believe that mistake in choice deserves forever condemnation?

• It has nothing to do with being bitter. A mistake is something you don't mean to do. A choice it a deliberate action. People rarely redeem themselves. It can happen, but it is rare.

• Regardless what others say, the phrase: "once a cheater, always a cheater" is quite true. Forget about changing them...it can't be done. They will always have a "wondering eye"; always thinking about "what if" and taking chances. If they can't put full attention to you, why bother with them?

0|0
    0|0
  • The girls are way more forgiving here heh.

If a guy cheats on a girl, she should probably never date that specific guy again, because he'll do it again. He might not cheat on other girls, because the reason most men cheat is because their relationship is somehow incomplete or lacking in some way.

But more or less, cheaters are cheaters.

0|0
    1|0
  • Always a cheater. While they can change, it's not the norm. Unless they are severely punished for cheating (as in they feel so much pain and suffering because they cheated that they never want to cheat again) it's unlikely they'll stop cheating because, hey, they got away with it once and it felt good to them, so why would they stop?

0|1
    0|1
  • A) Generalizations are always bad.

B) EVERYONE changes. Whether or not they change from being a cheater to not being one, or visa versa, isn't necessarily going to be the case, but no one stays the same.

Case closed. /poll

1|1
    0|2
  • this same exact question was asked like a few days ago.

its a definite no. you can't generalize people like that, and also its just as much the person who got cheated on's responsibility as the "evil cheater" that they got hurt. People just love to be immature and blame someone else for everything though, I guess that's why they got cheated on in the first place?

1|0
    0|2
    • Screw that. You can be a WONDERFUL partner, and still have some jerk cheat on you. Someone else's actions is NOT a reflection of you. Sure both parties will mess up, but that's no excuse for you partner to cheat on you or you to cheat on your partner. Are you a cheater? It basically sounds like you're saying if you cheated, it'd be because she messed up, and that's BS. Two wrongs don't make a right. You cheating is just proof of your morals/lack of morals.

• thats load of bullsh*t rudy. You're trying to push responsibility away from yourself, just like most children do. What the hell do you think a "wonderful" girlfriend is? Most girls think being nice and sweet is all it is, but that's exactly why guys cheat. They want a girl to be more slutty and bad and the girls who are too nice get cheated on because of exactly that.

P.s. no I'm not a cheater, but I do not sympathize with the "victims" who get cheated on, its their fault just as much as the oth

• er. If you aren't giving your man blowjobs every morning, being sweet and doing nice things for him, NOT getting in arguments over stupid sh*t like a drama queen, respect him and what he likes etc.. then I guarantee you no man will cheat on that. The reality is 99% of girls are so far away from that so cheating is pretty common, and they ALWAYS cry they are the "victim". Adults are never victims

• Well it could be seen from different angles.

Once you cheat you are in definition someone who cheated, thus a cheater, but that doesn't mean you will cheat again, that is all up to choice and self control. People can always change.

2|0
    0|0
  • Once you cheat the trust can never be fixed in that particular relationship. But there is always a possibility to learn from past mistakes in future relationships.

0|1
    0|0
  • With age and marurity there is a chance they will changebbut in most cases that character flaw is still there and remember, it only gets easier for them after the first time.

0|0
    0|2
  • They CAN change, but they likely won't.

A person can only change if they want to and work hard for it. But they won't change if they don't want to. Unfortunately, there are women who date cheaters because they like the challenge of making him change.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not that they LIKE the challenge of changing him. It's that they think they are special enough to change him, "Once he realizes how great I am, he'll fall in love and then he'll change his ways". It's dreaming, lacking experience, etc.

• yeah, that's what I meant to say. you articulated it much better. but still it's a little bit of vanity: *I* was the one to change him!

• I believe that. If I've found a woman has cheated in the past, I lose interest in her. I would never really trust her and any relationship that doesn't have trust is doomed.

1|1
    0|0
  • The question is why did he cheat.. Was it the girl fault...Some guys just like that...Have he change about something he did wrong. You don't know a man heart...He might if he wants to go to the next .Level with...Watch out for the players!

0|0
    1|3
  • I vote B, as a Christian male I believe that people make mistakes and bad choices, and have the capability to fully change and be given another chance.

Because people are so FEARFUL of their feelings, most are ever-condemning of somebody who cheated ONCE, and not be given the chance to rehabilitate themselves.

Substance abusers, thieves, illegal merchants, murderers, white collar criminals, physical abusers...have a better chance of rehabilitating their image from their transgresaions,

than a cheater does.

Doesnt make sense, right?

People can be so IRRATIONAL when they are so fearful of protecting their emotions.

3|0
    0|0
    • It's not irrational to 2nd guess a cheater's worthiness as a partner. You can't compare that to a thief . . . You steal some tires you're an idiot, but that won't break my heart. You cheat on me, you break my heart. It's not a FEAR of protecting my emotions, it's using logical thinking to make the most rational choices in selecting a partner, that will decrease the likelihood of having my heart broken. I'm not capable of cheating, so it would be difficult trusting that person. No trust=no relationship

• Forget about it - there's no turning back!

Save yourself from disappointment and stop hoping for something what is impossible!

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes, once a girl or guy cheat, would do it again, no relationship material

1|0
    0|0
  • i think trust is very hard to regain trust once lost... but most often... once a cheater... always a cheater

1|1
    0|1
  • In many cases, people that cheat have a wandering eye. Because personalities don't change that easily, someone who has a wandering eye has a hard time committing and being satisfied in a relationship, so someone who cheats usually will cheat again.

However, sometimes cheating "just happens", through coertion or some other means, it can happen. So sometimes, someone that cheats but changes his or her ways, will not do it again. But you need to make sure that if someone is apologizing, they really mean it, instead of just apologizing and going back and cheating again.

0|1
    0|0
    • no, its that most losers repress their natural attraction to people outisde

• Could you be more specific?

• Also, in cases of cheating that "just happened", sometimes the cheater is reluctant to tell his/her significant other, because he or she is afraid of being judged. The problem with this is that the fear of being judged may cause the cheater to stay silent, and if the SO of the cheater does find out, at that point, it's too late. Anything the cheater says to the SO will fall on deaf ears, and explanations might not work, because the SO will not trust the cheater for not telling the truth.

• I've known some who cheated and then stopped.

Some people will never stop - they have a compulsive drive to have many sex partners. They need to accept that and be clear about needing an open relationship.

Most people are not in that category though, they cheat because of a combination of deep dissatisfaction, opportunity, and feeling unable or unwilling to simply end their existing relationship.

For dating couples, that can be a fear of being alone, or feeling like 'i can't hurt them by breaking up with them'. or still caring about them just not that way. With married couples its more often money and kids that are holding them together.

Cheaters who don't have that compulsive need to cheat can stop if they recognize they need to avoid opportunities and if they push earlier to make sure their relationship IS meeting their needs. Of course some partners aren't interested in meeting their needs, in that case cheating will happen again if they don't split.

1|0
    0|1
  • Update: Even so I still think what I said makes sense to me :D

0|0
    0|0
  • They can change they need to know what they want though and feel like what you two have is worth fighting for

0|0
    0|0
  • No they change, over the course of years obviously. Not over night.

If you had a relationship in the past with someone, and they "cheated" on you or you cheated or w.e. Clearly you know now what not to do.

Long story short, I have a lot of friends that have cheated or been cheated on. Point is, not to do it. If you did it when you guys where kids, aka dated in high school and something like this happened. Chances of you doing it later in life is a lot lower, for you know how it hurt, and the type of damage it does to someone.

I have plent of friends that have done this when they where like 18, to only reunite when there 25, and know what not to do in the relationship now. For they have matured.

It just depends on if you ex has matured/grown up.

If you planning on getting back with someone that has cheated on you, I suggest taking your time and not rushing anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think anyone "can" change, but it's really an issue of wanting to or not. If someone doesn't really have a fetish for monogamy, there's nothing you can do to train them to have one.

The best way to think of this is 'what stops someone from cheating?' Whatever that is, anyone who cheats even once clearly does not possess it. Some people can't learn math. Some can't learn grammar, and some people can't learn to settle for only one person. And it is just that: learned. I don't think monogamy is an instinct (in men, anyway).

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the person I know I would never cheat on my girl or any girl.

2|0
    0|0
  • no, I don't think that once a cheater always a cheater. the person can be changed. it depends upon the person how & why to change!

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 42

• Yes.

I am extremely suspicious by nature so I would never EVER trust them again

0|3
    1|0
    • Even if they believe that, why do you care?You're anonymous

• I was mainly saying that to the many people answering as if I was asking about my own life. Because I was looking for an "in general" response. Like as in I was asking "in general do you think cheaters change?" or something similar. Not "should I take back my cheating boyfriend" or "Why did he cheat on me?" or anything like that. That's not a problem, and that wasn't what I asked.

• Understood.

• Well, from what I know, my boyfriend has cheated before in other relationships, but hasn't cheated on me, and looking at our relationship now, I doubt he will in the future. Therefore, I do believe that those that have cheated can change. Not all change, but a few do. At the beginning of my current relationship, I made sure that I made my boyfriend know where I stood on the topic of cheating, I let him know that I thought it was unforgivable, and the actions I would take if he cheated. I'm pretty sure he took me seriously, I'm still in a happy relationship of two years (and still going).

Now, if I was ever in a relationship in which my significant other has cheated on me, then of course it would only be natural for my trust in him to be tarnished, therefore making it hard for me to believe that he wouldn't cheat again, but at the end, it is still possible for a cheater to break out of his old habits! just make sure (if you are in such a situation) that you limit the amount of times you forgive him. Good luck.

0|1
    0|0
  • People can and do change, but not everyone is going to. I would say that this depends on the person, on their character, and on what they want. Some people are going to remain cheaters once they have cheated, while others will truly regret what they did, learn from it, and never cheat again.

2|1
    0|1
  • When I was single, I used to say that all the time. Foolish of me I got into a relationship about a month before I was to leave for college 3 years ago. He was going to Florida and I stayed in NY. I didn't really know him like that. We just had mutual friends and both played tennis at a high level. So even though I didn't know him I wanted that perfect tennis relationship. But then he left for school and I moved on campus with no intention of getting into a relationship or being in one. To be completely honest I forgot I was in a relationship. We hardly spoke on the phone or texted and I was having the time of my life my freshman year. But then comes my current boyfriend. He was my best friend at that school and still is. Technically I didn't "cheat". The most that happened was he would sleep in my bed..no cuddling. no touching. Just 2 awkward dead looking bodies in my bed. I felt like I did the right thing by calling it off before it got real but my friends and my boyfriend say I did cheat. Would I do that again? NO! I was stupid enough to get into a relationship with a stranger anyways. So long story short do I believe that once a cheater, always a cheater? NOPE! Some people just have to find that special person.

1|1
    0|0
  • Even if they change, can the trust ever be rebuilt? I believe once a cheater always a cheater if for no other reason that they have cheated the relationship of its trust and it can never be the same. My opinion, don't stick around to find out the answer to the question.

0|3
    0|0
  • I don't think there's a cut and dry answer to this question. I think that some people will always cheat no matter what but I also believe that others make mistakes. I don't think that once a cheater = always a cheater. It depends on the individual and the situation.

0|1
    0|1
  • A. Always a cheat, generally. Cheating stems from entitlement, narcissism, and not being brave enough to break something off when you're unhappy, OR brave enough to admit that you can't be monogamous. Some people are sick and get off on the "double-life" thing, and like deceiving people. Cheating, for both men and women, is not okay.

0|2
    0|1
    • Maybe some cheaters like the thrill of cheating.

• I think a big problem with some people who cheat, but really feel bad for it and who may change their ways, is that they are afraid of telling their SO. However, once the cheater's SO finds out, then at that point it's too late. Any explanations the cheater has may fall on deaf ears, because the SO will wonder if the cheater was ever honest. I think that's why communication and patient (regarding listening skills) are really important.

• Yep! Cheating is never okay. It's best to resolve your issues through talking, rather than "I feel bored/unhappy/unappreciated; so I'm just gonna have an emotional/physical affair herp a derp!"

• I do believe its possible, but the more that they do it the harder it becomes. I think at one point if they're in too deep then they can't give it up. I mean everyone makes mistakes, and there is only two options you can do. Forgive and forget, or forgive and move on/let go.

Its like drug addiction, its been proven that people can give it up, but we also know that everyone does.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, I believe most people continue to cheat because I have no examples that prove otherwise. The thrill of a new person is the driving force to continue cheating. The butterflies, the unknown about that cheatee shall we say. Feeling brand new "love", "lust" whatever.. is the drug behind it all. Secrets are always best kept and shared with a 2nd party and withheld from a 3rd. For cheaters cheating is just too much fun.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think anything can be clear cut like that. Not EVERYONE is the same. Now most of the time, Once a cheater always a cheater, but every once in a while a person will realize it was a mistake and never cheat again. But I think that most likely if someone is going to cheat, they will keep cheating.

0|1
    0|0
  • If a guy, or girl, cheats on their partner with you, when the stars line up just right again ... his/her interest in you wanes, a hot new body presents itself, etc ... chances are good, they will cheat again. It's a basic character deficit. Nancy Nichols, author of God,Please Fix Me! Trilogy

0|2
    0|0
  • i think that people can change, but not everyone deserves a second chance.

0|2
    0|0
    • I partially agree...everyone should be given an honest chance with redemption, but the bridge with the partner he or she cheated on is completely burned, and the cheater should and BETTER understand that.

• That would depend on what the person had to lose if found out. Some guys cheat for attention, some because they are addicted to the thrill of it, and for some it might just be something that happens that won't happen again.

But the general view is if he cheated once there is a chance he will cheat again, and you need to be a pretty forgiving person to be able to forgive and forget. Definitely not easy and not something I can do (talking from experience too)

0|0
    0|0
    • Experience as a cheater?

• There are some people who will cheat no matter what , they just can't stick to one person , so never to date such people.And then there are other people who cheat for reasons , there could be many reasons like not getting enough attention of their partner , busy for a long time , no feelings left , etc. Such people won't necessarily cheat always.Such people don't cheat because they can't stick to a girl but they cheat because their relationship is lacking something

0|0
    0|0
    • That's kind a weak argument. If they're not getting attention they could still leave. it's no excuse. And whoe's to say they won't cheat next time that happens? Lame.

• Honestly, maybe you did something wrong to make him cheat. Guys don't just cheat just cause. Try to find out if your doing anything wrong. Ask him if you need to! Then, if he cheats again and you know that you aren't happy and you can't trust him, end the relationship. Trust is one of the most important things in a relationship. Also, it could just be that he's bored and ready for a fresh start and there's someone new in his life. But definitely consider the first one! Good luck!(:

0|0
    3|3
  • It depends on the person. I have seen chronic cheaters into the best SO and the best SO turn into the biggest cheater. People choose whether or not to and decide to take responsibility for their actions.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's being too close minded saying that a person who cheated once will cheat again. Though it is more possible to do it again because of their past but I believe people can change for the better!(:

0|1
    0|1
  • It's not a 100% thing either way. Some people can be genuinely sorry about it, and change. Others, well, not so much.

It's not something I could personally move on from.

0|1
    0|0
  • You never know. They could change but its not always a possibility that they will for sure. You could at least give them another chance if you love/care for them enough.

0|1
    1|0
  • Yes. Cheating is driven by dishonestly and once trust is broken it cannot be repaired. Without the trust, one partner is inclined to cheat on the other.

0|2
    0|0
  • My rationale is simple. A cheater will always be a cheater because people don't change. Perhaps they'd like to - and that's enough for the time being - but if an ex-alcoholic dies before relapsing, it's because they haven't lived long enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it takes the right person to change a cheater's ways. The problem is that you never know who it is, it's completely random. It just has to be someone that person feels satisfied with. I've seen this countless times with guys in particular. They will date around and cheat on girls without feeling bad about it an then they will meet that one girl that makes them feel like they don't need to anymore. It even happened to my dad. He said he cheated on every girlfriend he ever had except for my mom. I think it's a sign of immaturity and it shows that they aren't really ready to commit to a relationship. I think it's awful, and I personally would never do it, but I understand how it happens. The problem with girls is that they think they can change the man, but a guy needs to decide to change on his own.

0|1
    0|1
  • Yeah maybe...Some cheaters have reasons for doing it... But generally cheaters who do it so many times are seriously not monogamous.

0|1
    0|0
  • A people don't change they just become more of themselves

0|2
    0|0
  • Only if they change who they are with and can find someone they truly love.

0|1
    0|1
  • It depends, you will have to determine that yourself. In most instances yes but not always true

0|1
    0|0
  • I used to think that they could change but I recently dated this guy that was perfect for me. he was everything I want in my future husband plus he has never cheated or thought about it. so he was perfect but when we started dating he was still the guy I loved but then I found out that he cheated on me with his xgf who he was in love with so he dumped me for her and tat was the first time he had ever cheated and then when he started going back out with his ex he cheated on her with another girl so I don't know your guy may have hope you mine don't :p I dated one guy though that would cheat on every girl no matter what and now he's paying for it because he finally fell in love and she cheated on him so guys will eventually learn lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I think somebody can cheat on certain people and not cheat to others.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really believe 99% of the time, that holds true. But I have a friend that cheated on his wife once. Background story, they were together for 5 years, got married and 6 weeks after the wedding she told him I made a mistake, I never loved you, I never will and we are never having sex again. Imagine?! And he's such a good guy he STILL tried to make it work and was faithful to her. She continued to be awful to him for a year and they had sex maybe twice over that year. He finally came to terms it wasn't going to work, he slept with a co-worker. Only once. He felt so guilty he told her and she not only divorced him but told everyone in both of their lives that THAT was the reason their marriage was ending. He is not a cheater.

0|1
    0|0
  • isnt one time bad enough?

2|2
    0|1
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes