Will he propose? Am I worried for no reason?

So my boyfriend of over a year and a half and I are very serious. We've talked about marriage and we both know that we want to spend our lives together, it's pretty decided. At this point in our lives, I'm turning 22 in a couple months, he'll be 24 in September, we aren't engaged or anything just yet, we're still getting a little settled in our lives. I'm getting my masters degree and living in graduate housing on campus on my parents' dime, and he just began a great new job and is finishing his degree.

The plan is to move in with each other when I graduate (December 2014) but I have made it ABUNDANTLY clear that I will not live with someone that I am not engaged to. My reasoning is that when you live with someone, your lives begin to meld together, finances are blurred, belongings are shared, and should you break up your entire world would completely shatter around you. I MUST have commitment in my relationship in order to make a decision like that.

When I say that to him he just kind of shrugs it off like "okay sounds good" but it's like, dude, you have less than a year and a half to do this. Are you sure you're up for it?

I don't know I guess I'm worried that he doesn't realize the gravity of what I'm saying, but I don't want to be on his back about it. Is this something I should be worried about or should I take the "okay" as he's actually going to do it?

10