Should I tell her she's being cheated on?

Hello! So, I've stuck myself in a little situation. I've recently been informed that I'm the 'other woman'. I'm going to skip a bunch of time & story, and fast forward a good 6 months after having the man involved know that I'm aware.

We become fairly good friends, and he tells me how she's accused him of cheating. He managed to get out of it, though.

I don't know the girlfriend personally, but I feel terrible for it. I didn't tell the first time, and it's very likely I'm not the only one he's cheating on her with. So, with that being said...

If you know someone is being cheated on, but you don't know them personally... would you tell?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (Please explain!)
    Vote C

Most Helpful Guy

• Too much drama for me so I just leave the situation alone and move on with my life.

• That's what I've been telling myself, but... I just feel so terrible for the girl. Ugh.

• My innate reaction in your shoes (feeling terrible): "Damn sucks for her, hopefully she catches onto it sooner rather than later" ("Not my problem" mentality).

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, don't let her be used by a jackass. And why would you engage in anything serious with a guy before truly finding out about him and anyone else he might be with? Let this be a lesson to all that you shouldn't ever rush into getting serious with anyone (and I don't necessarily mean just sexual, I mean like emotional and whatnot) until you TRULY get to know them. And that can take a good year+ of knowing them and even then you'll still be learning about them.

Always take things slow.

And ya, I would tell. Wouldn't you want to know of your boyfriend was cheating on you so you could dump his ass and find someone who truly treats you well? Don't let cheaters get away with cheating. They all deserve to be punished. And in the cruelest ways possible imo.

• Would you want to know?

• Yes. She will find out eventually

• I wouldn't tell. It's none of my business.

• If I was in her shoes, I would definitely want to know.

• Me too, man. Me too. Like ArtistBboy said, though, it could possibly be filled with drama, since girls tend to get mad at the person telling them (...for whatever reason...)

• Yeah, that's true. As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

If you did find this out recently and are honest about it, I can't get comprehend why someone wouldn't be thankful.

What Girls Said 1

• I think she needs to know. I was engaged and planning a wedding when I got a phone call from "the other woman". The phone call started with "you don't know me, but..." I had NO anger towards her and told her that she had just done me the greatest service she could possibly have done. I thank God every day I found out before I f***ed up and married him!