Guys, how would you feel if your girl breaks up with you but stay good friends with your bff?

So guys, recently I broke up with a guy, I love him, but he started to behaves cold towards me, I was feeling really sad, and I started being close to one of his bff, which he introduced to me when I 1st go for a sleep over at his place. In total, I have met this bff of his twice, and lately when he started acting cold towards me, I was feeling sad and I started texting his bff a lot, normal casual talking (bear in mind his bff is way too young for me, so nothing like that, we're like bro and sis). So through the texting, we started talking about how he's behaving towards me and stuff, his bff managed to persuade him to meet me, but my boyfriend warned me not to text his bff anymore. I asked him why, he said because he said so. I ignored his order, I continue texting his bff and I told his bff not to tell him because I think he's jealous of his own bff. So after a while of texting, his bff could see I'm being so sad over him and he's acting like a total jerk, so his bff started to advice me to dump him. He told me to dump him for around 3-4 times and told me that he feels that my boyfriend probably wanted to break it off with me too, but not sure why he's not doing it yet. He said that if he behaves towards you like that it means he's not in love with you anymore. I asked if he has another girlfriend, his bff said no, nothing like that and he totally don't understand what's going on his friend's mind. Isn't that weird, your own bff told your girl to dump you? That probably mean he thinks you're being a jerk too right? So I broke up with my boyfriend (after considering it, his bff is the last person to tell me to break it off with him, after all my friends told me to do so since long) and added his bff on my Facebook (I didn't removed him from my FB either). But, do you think he will be pissed to learned that I broke it up with him but stay in good contact with his bff? I won't lie here, I still have that tiny hope in me hoping that he would regret his actions and comes back, but his bff told me just to forget him already... Apparently he didn't told anything to his bff even about our break up. What do you think?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought you were the bitch at beginning, but seems like the real jerk in this story is the so called "BFF"... What a cunning and deceiving rat...

I had the exact same thing happening to a friend about 10 years ago actually.

Let's call him L, and his (fake) best friend will be called K.

my friend L got dumped by his girlfriend. A few days after, we realized that it was mainly because K talked to L's girlfriend (saying she should dump him and sh*t).

So litterally K revealed to be a f***in traitor, and on the top of that it appears he was attracted by L's girlfriend...

----

Generally speaking, it is highly insultive and disgusting to dare creating a connection with the best friend of a guy you just dumped. He's is your ex bf's ally, NOT yours.

HOWEVER, a REAL best friend, would never accept to be friends with you after you dumped his buddy in the first place.

So that leads me to the conclusion, this "bff" is one hell of a traitor because everything he did was to help you, and never to help his friend (your ex).

• He might be a traitor to my ex, but does that means that my ex is not guilty at all? He really changed compared to before, I can see he used to be so caring and stuff, then he just got cold, I tried everything to patch everything up back, but to no avail. Every single friend of mind told me that he's a lot of drama, either that or he has another person.

• The question was not about your ex being guilty or not, although I believe he is.

The question was "is it okay to be friend with the bff of a guy you dumped" .

The answer is NO.

You are interfering with the friendship of 2 guys, which has nothing to do with you and your love deceptions.

You were wrong to talk about your relationship related intimate issues to this bff, and he was wrong to listen to you.

It's not his business, and if he was a real friend, he would have stayed out of it.