Girlfriend of one month wants to move in...Rush answer needed please.

Help, how can I give a definite answer to a girl I have been in a one month relationship with when she has an idea to move in with me. We were even talking about how our lives are not on the same track last night.

She text me jut now saying that she lost her job ver an argument with boss and will need a paceto stay for a few months by June.

don't want to hurt her and OK if cause a breakup if needed. I am not ready or anyone to live with me as I got divorced last Nov.

thanks SW
To be supportive visited her last night. She told me the job loss scenario was 'a test' to find out where I was in the relationship. (hu?) I was shocked. I said that was a mean thing to do. She defended as necessary to her. She is finishing school for bar exam, a small business owner & a dog owner (= stable right.) My thoughts: -shows a lack of trust. –should have asked my thoughts. With 13y since I’ve dated, I'm not ready for this kind of drama. What would you do at this point? Thanks

56

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand her want to be someplace with someone she feels secure if she cannot afford a place on her own, but If you are not ready for that and this is a deal breaker for you, then you just need to tell her that your divorce is still hard on you and you can't make that level of commitment yet.

Ease it by offering to help her find a place with lower rent, or possibly look for an open room in an apartment for her.

She should respect that a month is very quick regardless of the circumstances.

If she did move in, and things became difficult, you would need to kick her out again anyways. And that would break you up.

Just tell her straight.