Ex still lurking around. advice

so, me and my ex boyfriend broke up a year ago. not because we didn't love each other, but because we were at different stages of out lives. He is 36 years old and ready to start a family and at the time of the break up I felt as though I needed to accomplish a few more things before making the big commitment. Since the break up, we have kept in touch, it has gotten to the point were we text each other every day ( mostly trivial things) about a month ago I realized that he was the guy for me and I felt ready to give it another chance. I asked him for coffee and when I told him that I wanted to give the relationship another shot, he was apprehensive. He told me that he doesn't have much time to lose and that he is afraid that I am going to leave him again next year ( I live in his same town now while I go to school, but I am graduating at the end of the year) I then proceeded to tell him that I didn't think it was healthy for us to continue talking then because I still loved him. He told me he loved me too but that he wasn't sure I had really changed and if I was really ready to commit. We didn't talk for about a week and then he started texting me again. It has been going on for a few weeks now . I don't know what to think ... should I ask him to dinner ? is he waiting for me to make the moves since I am the one that broke off the relationship? by the way neither of us have dated anyone the entire time we have been broken up. WHAT SHOULD I DO? it is really making me depressed as I want him back in my life.

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep the lines of communication pen ad honest.

He is looking for consistency in your decision to fully commit, to assure himself that you are not going to have a change of heart when you graduate if he gives a relationship with you a second chance.

"What should you do?" Reinforce your intent to commit him as often as you can. Convey to him that he is the only guy for you and you both want the same in a relationship with each other.

He wants assurance from you, that's all.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE