Is it time to move on? One year of trying.

So my girlfriend and I have been dating for a year now. She is ex Jehovah's Witness. We are both 23. Her family doesn't know we are together. Our sex life is practically non existent. It was really good for the first three months. Now maybe we do once a month.. And I have to ask.. She doesn't make out with me. When we first started dating there was plenty of passion. it really roped me in. now she is always tired. When ever I show her something she criticizes it. I have to watch what I say around her because her humor is masked by a very high moral. If I am outside of that moral she gets off put. I started to love her some months back.She doesn't love me but feels strongly for me. I asked her if she was romantically interested in me and she said yes. My love for her is fading, probably because I get nothing back. Regardless I don't feel a lot of love or affection from her. We spend the night almost every night. If I didn't make the effort to kiss her good night she would just roll over and go to sleep. It feels very detached. She glues herself to her laptop. Which I can look at because she likes her privacy. so if she is surfing the net, I am usually reading a book, but if I try to sit next to her to engage.. she closes the laptop. She constantly plays a game on her phone. If I try to have a serious talk with her. she will take out her phone or get immediately tired. If she wants me to do something for her she will perk up. Maybe give me a peck on the geek saying will you please go downstairs and get my laundry. I feel so drained. I put a lot of effort into trying to understand her. If she wants to be with me why is she so unappreciative? Sometimes I wonder if we just see too much of each other. Maybe if we slowed down things would pick back up? I hate to throw in the towel, but just don't know what to think. Last night I sent her a text message saying that I hope her meeting went well. To to give her pets a treat from me. Xoxo goodnight. And she wrote back the meeting was fine. No good night. No comment about the animals. Just completely in engaged and short. Breaks my heart. I like to be given more. Thoughts?
Yeah. Sounds it huh? I feel so rejected yet wanted. She invites me over almost every night. We usually have dinner together. But there is no romance. I wonder if she has some things to get passed. Like something with her old religion. She is really internalized so I don't know what she is thinking.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• "Our sex life is practically non existent. It was really good for the first three months. Now maybe we do once a month.. And I have to ask."

This is an extremely common problem for lesbian couples.

link