Do I still like my ex?

I don't know if I still have feelings for my ex. I mean he was my one and only boyfriend, so I don't know if that makes a difference. Every time I see him I kinda feel something but its not like butterflies. I seriously don't know how he ever went out with me to be honest. Like he was all popular and he is cute and every girl liked him, and I was quietish and not that outgoing like him. Sometimes I think it may be gratitude for him going out with me when he could have had his choice of prettier girls, but I don't know. Also I try to look nice around him, but I feel like I just do it so he won't be embarrassed to say HE went out with ME. I appreciate you taking your time to read this. Thanks :)
Updates:
Also I was the one that broke up with him. We went out on and off about 3 times and I just didint think it was going to work out because we rarely saw each other anymore and I thought he had cheated on me but recently I learned that he hadnt

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You might still have feelings for your ex, but you can't get back with him unless you both want to get back with each other, and if you have addressed what went wrong the first time around (assuming it was due to arguments, and not falling out of love). Otherwise you would get back with him ony to break up again.

It seems like you miss him and long for him, and are saddened that the first boyfriend you ever had broke up with you. It sounds like because that was your first time, and because you still sound sad over this, you really cared about him. It's natural that you would miss the good times that you had, but you have to feel better about yourself.

Don't be sad. I'm a shy and quiet person, and once I was infatuated but love wasn't returned, so I also felt like I wasn't good enough. Don't feel this way. Everyone is special, including you. The fact that he went out with you means you were worth in his eyes. You meant something to him. Although he isn't with you anymore, you are a good person, worthy of anyone's love. I'm sure you will find the man of your dreams eventually.

It sounds like you're dressing nicely to try to impress him, because you still care for him. He won't be embarrassed for being with you. Have some self-esteem. Each person is beautiful, and so are you. Good luck :)

p.s. - Could you give some information as to why you broke up. That way, I and other (GAG=Girlsaskguys) GAGers can help you with what went wrong, and possibly work on a solution, if indeed your situation can be fixed. But don't get your hopes up. I had false hopes before, and they never came true.

2|1
    0|0
    • Thanks! :) and ill out this on top too. I was the one that broke up with him. We went out on and off about 3 times and I just didint think it was going to work out because we rarely saw each other anymore and I thought he had cheated on me but recently I learned that he hadnt.

• Show All
    • Well it is the best answer :) you helped a lot. Thanks :)

• No problem. When I look back at my answer, I'm surprised that I was able to write like this. I never would have been able to give this kind of advice even a year or two ago.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• It does not sound right to me to have all these questions in your head. I mean, in an ideal relationships I don't think you would have any doubts about how you feel because when it is true love I think it would be very obvious and clear that even a child could understand.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, you still do like him.

You should stop liking him now. It's already over.

2|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like you sort of do. It's not bad, however, are you hurting because he is not with you anymore?

Also, ask yourself why you broke up with him. Did you not feel a vibe anymore? Did he do something that hurt you enough to split? Ask yourself these questions and weigh the pros and cons. Was it beneficial to me to break? Are you happier? If anything, you should be happy for yourself, and do things YOU want to do. Dress for yourself. It sounds like you need some you time without him getting in your way. Be happy. For YOU.

Hoped this helped.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you still do.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes