Why is he holding back?

So I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 2 months. We've been getting closer and closer and there's now a huge amount of sexual tension. Tonight we were so close to just going for it but he didn't make the move. He seemed really up for it but was holding back for some reason. I have a few possible reasons but I don't know which it could be:

1. No protection available.

2. I dislocated my knee 3 weeks ago but I can still move it more and have recently been walking without crutches. I'm still perfectly capable of having sex.

3. Too shy. He was too shy to have the first kiss with me. I made the first move with him in the beginning to get the ball rolling and to get into a relationship. He was hesitant because of me being older than him but he's a confident guy and had never had a problem having the first kiss with other girls until me.

4. He wants to wait a bit longer.

Those are the main reasons I could think of but I don't know which one applies.

What do you think is holding him back?

02