How do I get over my 15 year relationship?

Ok so obviously its over I guess I'm tired of it. Love him very much. But that don't matter. Was faithful. Um so living together before marriage isn't a good idea totally made my guy leave. Cause I just wanted to be married anyway he moved out still comes to see me on weekends but talks about how its a waste of money to come out here cause he lives a hour away. We had a good weekend together but at the end he goes home but before he goes I asked him if he misses me at his apartment alone without me I simply asked if he missed me and he said he feels at peace at his apartment. So well I got my answer... So I want to know how do I feel at peace like he does and forget it and move on? I just need to let him go. He moved out months ago and I been trying to get us to move back in together But Its not gonna happen he is totally happy with me being gone.
Updates:
Thats OK lots of sex.. I don't want any sex diease
He is my first love. nothing is forever. I may need the hospital.

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• My relationship of 7 years with my first love ended almost a year ago. We were a on and off again relationship. Never broken up longer then a couple months and that was only once. The rest were more like a couple weeks. We lived together for most of it. The biggest thing I can suggest is to re-evaluate your relationship you've had with him. Was it really all that amazing? Did you truly treat you well? Did he take your feelings into consideration? Was he ever cold? Or distant? Have a way to make you feel everything was your fault? And I mean really be honest. (Way hard to do. But if you really break it down and allow yourself to be honest on things you will kick yourself for what you let that man get away with) I thought I was just being supportive, a good girlfriend to be so understanding of who he is. Dig deep. Also if he is so happy with out you, why do you want him to come see you? Men who love there women... Are not happy away from them. Especially for long periods of time. Have you ever seen "He's just not that into you?" If a man wants to see you... he will find away (and not make you feel crummy for doing it.) Honestly my first step to get away was to distance myself and at the same time... start looking for Mr. Newbie <--- We like him. He is going to be better then Mr. First :( Now I would say I met about 3 awful men, 2 okay men, had conversations with 100 other men I never bothered giving my number or meeting up with before finding Mr. Newbie. What set him apart from the rest? I felt at ease with him. Comfortable being myself from the first 5 minutes I met him. (BEWARE) This is were Mr. Ex may want to re-enter your new life. But I personally only thought about Newbie. I wanted my ex to go away so I could see this new guy who after only a couple days was putting a smile on my face by sheer thought alone. I knew a few years before I my Ex was not for me. But I didn't know anything better. Why start over? Why re-learn someone all over? Except new things that irritate you? And have them get to know you? Because even though you can't see any possible way it could be true... It truly is worth it. You truly are worth it. Forget Mr. I am at peace in my apartment with out you. And find Mr. I can't wait to see you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• You're well rid of him if he is so unfeeling that he complains about themoney to come and see you...

I'm sorry youinvested so much of yur life with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • First loves are always the hardest to get over. Been there. Sounds like you are really heart broken. Hope things work out for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • The heart wants what the heart wants. It's never easy to move on when you love someone, whether it's 15 years or 15 weeks. Betty White in Hot for Cleveland advises "the best way to get over a man, is to get under another one". Lol. But the reality is, it's not that easy. You simply have to began telling yourself it's over, until you start believe it and then start to feel it. It has been 15 years, so at some point, you must have began accepting your relationship is going nowhere. In my experiences, start by keeping yourself busy, work, school, spending more time with friends and family. You also need closure, I would suggest not letting him come over to see you anymore, to let your mind and your emotions heal. You will be OK. Enjoy single life and have lots of fun and lots of sex. Mr. Perfect is still out there for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should start being happy with yourself. Find new activities/hobbies so that you'll start getting him off your mind. Also, find a new guy for interest.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Other people said it better than me here, but OMG, that's terrible! You're better off without him. You deserve someone who won't complain about spending a little gas money to come see you. I just.. Wow. Feel better and add/message me any time.

0|0
    0|0
  • that must be hard especially since he was your first love. try to get involved in things you like to do. if you think you don't have any hobbies anymore try to remember what you liked to do as a child.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am in the same boat. well sorta...i don't see him...

no contact helps

you need to find yourself again. 15 yrs. is a lot to shared with someone.

i was in a 13 yr. it's over and its painful. its' been 9 months and I might be moving forward..i am not sure...lots of insecurity...mistrust, self doubt...

i friended you if you wish to message me

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes