How should I interpret this?

So my ex-gf and I have become incredibly close since our break up last July. We talk on the phone everyday for about 2-3 hours per day. She texts me consistently through out the day as well. We also hang out anywhere from 1-4 days per week. Furthermore, we make love a few times a month and generally have a good thing going on. The other day she was talking about a friend of hers who has a kid with a guy and how said guy isn't really her cup of tea. I told her well you know once you have a family and such you just settle I suppose and maybe she is happy with him. I then said "lets be real you wouldn't be happy if we got married." She then said she would be happy because I am a great guy and that I make her truly happy. How should I take this? I truly do want to marry her. However, she is currently going through a lot of things and I know a relationship to her is a burden so I haven't brought it up. I want her life to settle down first and then I'll ask her to be together. In actuality, I feel like we already are together given all the things described above. Since we broke up neither of us had any other relationships. Also, we have become even closer than what we used to be. Well again, thanks for any advice.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like she is ready and even hinting at being in a relationship, maybe before you both werent ready but since breaking up you have both matured and learnt new things about each other and yourselves. I personally believe that a good relationship is where the couple supports each other, so if the time feels right, there is no trouble with going ahead and talking to her about it. Be careful to talk about it softly and don't push the subject if she tries to change it, but also don't wait too long to bring it up as you might get frustrated waiting.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• sounds like she really likes you but maybe isn't prepared for all that a relationship entails. I'd maybe just talk to her about what she wants, how much, how little, and how you two are to proceed.

it seems to me that you just have to lay the cards on the table and try and get some clarity or at least some definition about the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Interesting. Sometimes not being 'in a relationship' with the expectations and pressure is actually more comfortable for people. You're now much closer than when you were together! Practically married really.

Don't spoil a good thing. Leave things as they are until she is ready for you to propose...it sounds like she's already said yes!

0|0
    0|0
  • It means that she really likes you in the long term. Good sign.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes