How to know your ex has moved on mentally?

How to know your ex has moved on mentally?

Some people think because your does not call you or return text they have moved on, but sometimes it true they have moved if they do things. How do you know your ex has moved on MENTALLY...and some people equate moving on physically with them moving on mentally but this is sometimes not true...your thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, that's a great question. To give you my perspective as a male, I'm not sure it is possible to fing out whether or not someone is over you emtionally unless of course they are honest enough to tell you.

I posted on here yesterday, because I've just come out of a 6 year relationship (she left me) and we both went into no contact for 9 weeks (this was my decision, I cut off all contact, changed number etc etc).

In that time, of course, everything has pointed to the fact that, physically, we are over each other - as of course there had been no physical contact. However, I know that I have been struggling emotionally as I have missed her so much it's unreal. So no, I am not emotionally over her, even though she probably thinks I am because I have been strong enough to maintain NC. And yes I have been with other girls and been out on dates during the past 9 weeks- none of which came even close to making me feel happy or satisfied.

There is no way of her knowing that emotionally I am nowhere near being over her, of course, unless she came to me and asked me.

If she came to me and asked me, I would be honest with her and tell her exactly how I feel. In my case, we lived together for 6 years and were extremely close.

However, some guys in my situation would also lie about their feelings for fear of further rejection and feeling stupid.

Hope this helps.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • thanks gave great detail

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• If they're an 'ex', they're an 'ex'. If they're not with you, they've moved on mentally. If they do the breaking up, they moved on mentally before they finally announced it to you.

1|0
    0|0
    • If a guy moved on why doesn't he want the girl to date anyone?

• You're saying that he broke up with you but doesn't want you dating other guys? If that's the case, you can kindly tell him to kiss your ass. He doesn't own you, and is acting like a retard.

• Usually it takes longer for people to 'divorce' psychologically than physically.

They can have other partners and so forth, but in their mind they still are thinking of their ex all the time. Checking on them, talking about them with mutual friends, even following them around eithe physically or in relationship media...

I think when people stop remembering anniversaries or birtdays, they can be said to have 'really' moved on!

0|0
    0|0
  • No one is a mind reader. It is IMPOSSIBLE to figure out if they have moved on.

Talking to them wouldn't help either, everyone is capable of hiding their feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be when they don't contact you for a very long time, and if they do, it's just to get some stuffs back like their belongings or the friendship.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• If you ex has broken up with you that means they have checked out from the relationship before they shared it with you. It depends some guys do it within days, weeks, months, years. The only way to know is if he is honest enough to tell you or he has not been contacting you and has been going out with a new girl. You deserve better, give into your emotions, resist thinking about him and move

1|0
    0|0
  • try this website and make a wish to your exback, I know it sounds weird but it brought back mine and now we're engaged. I can't post links but the name of the site is real-wishes. been scrolling and decide to copy paste and share with those who really need it. read the testimonials first if you are skeptic and it's 100% free.

0|0
    0|0
  • When he starts to become active on fb,likes other girls' photos and chats with random girls.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes