How to know your ex has moved on mentally?

Some people think because your does not call you or return text they have moved on, but sometimes it true they have moved if they do things. How do you know your ex has moved on MENTALLY...and some people equate moving on physically with them moving on mentally but this is sometimes not true...your thoughts?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, that's a great question. To give you my perspective as a male, I'm not sure it is possible to fing out whether or not someone is over you emtionally unless of course they are honest enough to tell you.

I posted on here yesterday, because I've just come out of a 6 year relationship (she left me) and we both went into no contact for 9 weeks (this was my decision, I cut off all contact, changed number etc etc).

In that time, of course, everything has pointed to the fact that, physically, we are over each other - as of course there had been no physical contact. However, I know that I have been struggling emotionally as I have missed her so much it's unreal. So no, I am not emotionally over her, even though she probably thinks I am because I have been strong enough to maintain NC. And yes I have been with other girls and been out on dates during the past 9 weeks- none of which came even close to making me feel happy or satisfied.

There is no way of her knowing that emotionally I am nowhere near being over her, of course, unless she came to me and asked me.

If she came to me and asked me, I would be honest with her and tell her exactly how I feel. In my case, we lived together for 6 years and were extremely close.

However, some guys in my situation would also lie about their feelings for fear of further rejection and feeling stupid.

Hope this helps.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • thanks gave great detail