Guys, is it a rebound? Do I still have a chance?

My ex and I dated for 2 years. We broke up because of long-distance. We really loved each other a lot. He started dating someone else 4 months later. She is his ex from almost 7 years ago - high school. She'd dumped him at that time, but then chased him when he moved back recently.

I visited a month ago and he wanted to meet and was excited about it. I saw how he looked at me and there was definitely something still there. He said he'd missed me and really misses talking to me the most. He took me to his home to meet his family, and he showed me where he kept the things I'd given him (in a drawer next to his bed!). He said we didn't break up because he fell out of love, just the distance.

They'd been dating for about a month at the time. He said his girlfriend wasn't comfortable with us meeting (understandable) and then said he feels nothing for me any more, and loves her. This surprised me. He couldn't even look at me. I've been no contact for over a month now - don't want to be the meddling ex.

Is this a rebound? Could it actually be love? Do you think he still has feelings for me?

I miss him a lot. We had a really good relationship. I was even planning to move there (for me, not him), but he said it seemed unrealistic. But it's actually going to happen soon! I haven't told him and don't know if I should.

What do you think? Will this new thing last? Should I say anything or keep NC? I'm getting on with my life, but I think about him a lot.

My feelings for him are genuine. I'm trying to do the right thing. I just feel like he's being hurtful to push me away when he possibly still feels the same too?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems that it's true love for him now. It's not a rebound.

You should keep NC if you don't want to fall for him anymore.