How to handle a girl who is scared of a relationship but is moving fast?

I have been going out with a girl who has expressed from the start she was hesitant about being in a relationship because she has dated a couple guys who cheated on her, including one after dating for a few years. I am 25, and she is 21. I told her we would move slow, but since we started she has been moving fast. She introduced me to her parents after our first official date (she lives at home and invited me over after the date). She initiated our first kiss, she basically initiated every advancement.

The day after our third date, she got scared off by how fast it was moving and I thought she called us off because she wouldn't answer my phone calls and only sent me one text saying "Im not ready" so I thought it was over. After two days of no contact she got back in contact with me and told me she wanted to keep seeing me and that she did what she did because she was scared.

Ever since getting back in contact with me about a week ago, she is accelerating our relationship again. She has told me things such as that she should probably get back on birth control, that she hopes I can go to her nurse school graduation (which is over a year away), she has told me she really likes me. She even told me once that she doesn't want me to try and have sex with her and then leave her and that she wants to be my best friend as well as my girlfriend, and I responded "you want to by girlfriend?" and she said "eventually".

Anyway, this girl is kind of moving fast, but I honestly don't really mind that too much. I am just scared that she is going to be scared off again if we move too fast, but again she is the one doing it. Should I try and get her to slow it down, or should I do the opposite and let her know I am serious and maybe that will help her calm down and realize that I am not about to leave her and she will worry less.

Any suggestions would help

02

Most Helpful Guy

• She just need you to slow down. She actually likes you a lot, and even likes to be in a relationship but not just now.

• She decided last night after I asked this that she wanted to be my girlfriend. She basically told me she wished we were dating.