What are the best ways to cope when your boyfriend is deployed?

My boyfriend of almost 6 months is most likely being deployed in February and I know it is a long way off but it also is fairly close. He and I already have a pet snake together that I would be in charge of when he's gone and I plan on getting a dog as well because I really want one and having a pound puppy to train would help take my mind off of him being gone. I don't know what else would be good since it will also be my finale year in college.

Another issue is that he wants me to move in with him. I feel like I would feel better if we had our OWN place instead of me moving into HIS place with HIS roommates. It's not a bad place and I love his roommates but I would always be looking at everything as his not ours or mine. Is that selfish to think? Would it be too much to ask him about us moving in together to our own place instead of his?

What are your thoughts and experiences?

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually recommend support groups for these situations..but since you're not married I would think finding a hobby and finding some friends to hang out with. The most important thing to know is that you are not alone, even if he's thousands of miles away that he is still your man.

What Guys Said 2

• I personally think after just 6 months of dating, trying to get your own place already is a little rushed. He obviously wants to live with you but give him time before trying to rush into living just with him. So, essentially just give it time and enjoy your time together. It'll work out in the end.

• He's the one rushing me into living with him so I don't see why we couldn't get a place of our own in December if in October if he learns he's for sure going.

• You should keep yourself busy. Find new hobbies so that his deployment and physical absence won't hurt you so much.

What Girls Said 0