What is wrong with me?

I am 19 about to be 20. I can never maintain a decent relationship without getting cheated on and even after I have been so hurt, I would still try to do anything for them. I am miserable 24/7, and I have shared some points of information with my class mates and an older gentleman asked the class to raise their hands if they think my girlfriend is cheating on me after he described the situation...out of all of the 900 students, not one person kept their hand down...Yet I still cling to her as if she were my soul...I wear my emotions out in the open, I am innocent of things she gets so mad at me for...but I apologize for everything and I am a spineless individual...who (side note...despite every single attempt at killing myself all have failed...gun-jammed, rope-broke, O.D.-No affect, Snap my own neck-discovered I could look directly behind me...) and I hate myself...so does anyone have any ideas?...Whats wrong with me?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like you need to be more confident in yourself. In high school I was the out cast, had the same type of relationship with my boyfriend (he cheated, and was abusive) and when I got out of high school I found a passion and I received an edu action, which I was confident in, and slowly I became a very confident person. At 27 I went back to school and got a career in the medical field and I can honestly say I could give a sh*t less what anyone thinks or says. You have to so ehow boost your confidence be there is obv a reason why you don't think you are good enough to take a stand for youself. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with you. Find something you like that you excel in and become confident and you will feel so much better. Oh, and do this without having a girlfriend. It will teach you how to stand on your own:) I always ask myself why I didn't realize this sooner!

0|1
    0|0
    • i do believe that this answer has made me feel better, however I just have to wait until she ends it because if I end it, I know that ill be worried if I lost the one, ya know? lol

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• ur kinda weak, and need to work on yourself and focus on yourself for a while. also, being around girls with better morals might help

0|1
    0|0
    • thanks for the brutality, but I know I needed it so its cool and thanks for the note ^_^

• Show All
    • She will not respect you, and therefore want to leave you / cheat on you. This is really really important because if she doesn't see you as her equal, she sees you as weaker or more pathetic, she will not give you the respect and therefore cheat on you and abuse your emotions because she feels you are not worthy of her. Please don't get me wrong, you are worthwhile. If you hate yourself etc. I strongly suggest professional counselling.

• hey thanks again and no worries, I know that nobody on here is really out to hurt others, I mean its why this place was made right? at any rate, its slowly getting worse and worse but I'm about to tell her him or me because I'm sick of it...and shortly after I replied to you lastnight they Skyped and crap so today she finally decided to study for her finals, which she could have been doing while skyping with him instead...but I really do thank you for the advice and honesty. I'm glad I found this

• <(^.^<)

Everyone needs a hug, so take that one. You should talk to a good friend or your parents. Never to old to call up mom.

0|0
    0|0
    • thank you, and my mother has made attempts on my life...lucky for me I can smell arsenic in food since I have worked as a chef most of my 20 year old life lol and I have been able to disarm both my parents, because of my military friends training lol but again thanks for the hug, if I could figure that thing out, I would give one back lol

• You clearly have severe depression and don't even think you're worthy of happiness. If you're attempting suicide, I think you need serious help. Call suicide hotlines, try to get in touch with support groups or individual therapists, ask for help from your family. You can be happy, it can happen. But it will take work. Please take those steps!

I really hope you find help and start feeling better!

0|0
    0|0
    • thank you for your comment, and I will take that into consideration. However I have tried that suicide hotline thing and they sent someone but they told my family that there really wasn't all that much hope for me, and that they never want to say that to anyone

• try therapy?

0|0
    0|0
    • this is almost like a comedy movie but I am being 100% honest right now...I have tried them. They all have returned my money to me on the grounds that I never step foot in their office again.

What Guys Said 4

• I'll tell you what's wrong with you: Your map.

Imagine you're visiting a city for the first time. You know nothing about it and it's a really crowded place, everyone seem to be in an eternal rush. Pretty crazy and chaotic. OK, the only reference about the city is the map you're holding in your hands. You don't speak the local language so you can't ask for directions. You check your map

and see than just a few blocks away there's a hotel. You start walking towards the place where the hotel is supposed to be but once you get there... Surprise! There's a market instead. Well, you decide to try the next nearest hotel a couple of minutes away. You make it to the place and... Another surprise! No hotel, just a school.

The city is the relationships world. The map, is what everybody says about what relationships are. Problem is, the popular wisdom about relationships and sex is not nearly as accurate to reality. And what is worse, you're been told repeatedly that the map is correct! Then comes frustration: If the map is right, and everyone is right, then I am the one who is wrong. Here comes the "what is wrong with me" sort of question.

Little bro, you need to unlearn everything you've been told about relationships and start building your own personal map. You're lucky you're still young, you'll make yourself a great map. You're also lucky because you asked for help, and found someone willing to listen and provide helpful advice. Here link start with the basics.

0|0
    0|0
  • OK seriously you need to post a picture of you looking directly behind.

0|0
    0|0
    • umm...what does that mean?

• You said you were able to look directly behind - as in, your head is straight over your shoulders but your body is backwards. This is a pretty amazing thing. If truthful.

• oh my apologies, well at truth when I tried I was able to look behind me enough to see the back of my feet, however I couldn't hold it there :/ but I do not have the ability to look directly behind me like that one guy on YouTube sorry about that

• You're quite over analyzing things. The 900 students didn't raise their hands because your situation/ relationship is just fine.

You should try to be more positive and see your relationship as a long term commitment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls take advantage of your weakness. But the good news is you can teach yourself to be more self-respecting and assertive.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes