My boyfriend is separated, how do I get him to push the divorce?

He wanted a divorce but let her file to save her pride a little. She did but now has changed her mind. She is playing the guilt card with the kids. He has his own apartment and spends a good deal of time with me. She is pushing for family counseling saying it's for the kids. He is begging me to be patient. How do I get him to push the divorce...or at least tell me if he is considering working it out with her? (I am 46, he is 52 and she is 51...too old for games.)
I did not know he was married until eight months after we met. She called me just after I found out. She wanted info against him for the divorce. She told me she had known about me for months and the marriage had been over for a long time. She didn't change her mind until recently. I am not a homewrecker. I would have left him had she not told me it was over.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• You dodnt know he was married? wow he's a jerk then. if he was that dishonest to omit really large info like BEING MARRIED then you have to wonder what else he is lying about. you can't trust something someone like that says. everything he says must be assumed to be false and you have to go back and verify it. how sad is that to be dating someone like that? you don't want a guy you can't trust. whether the marriage was over in her eyes or not, why didn't he tell you if you were dating for 8 months? even if you werent dating and were just friends, how does a major thing like BEING MARRIED not come up in conversation?

• also the fact that his wife told you,he didn't ,and how did she get your number? he must be over his wifes house as well,i believe he wants them both or he wouldn't need you to push him into anything