Breaking Up With Someone You Love Because Of Distance

I have been with my boyfriend for about three months. From the time we met, we knew that he was graduating from college and that I would be spending the summer abroad. Because time was limited, it started out casual but turned into something much more serious. I never would have predicted I could fall for someone so fast.

When we began dating, we planned to take a break and then get back together, depending on if he stayed in state for a job. However, he recently told me that he will most likely be moving out of state. I understand and support his decision because it has been a long time dream of his. Neither of us wants to do a LDR because I have one year of college left and despite how strongly we feel about each other, we haven't been together all that long.

I'm leaving in two weeks and am not sure what to do. I want to continue to see each other until I leave but we have both wondered if that would just make it harder. I think he feels this way more than I do, even though as of now we are still seeing each other. I really love him and have no idea of what to do at this point.

Has anyone ever been in this situation or experienced something similar? Any advice?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really care about someone enough you should try and make it work. LDR are stressful but not permanate. And if you both have developed feelings for one another and are committed to just the two of you you do not want to just give that up because of location. People move, and peoples lives change but a feeling you have for one another is going to always be there if you truly love the person.

I have been in a LDR the past two years and I have planned for years now to meet my girfriend. I learned last week that her job is going to prevent her from speaking to me often, but I trust her and want her to know I am gonna be there for her and not leave when things get tough.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE