Should I move in with him? I'm hesitant.

My boyfriend and I have been together for six months going on 7. Overall we have a pretty good relationship. I'm over at his house maybe two or three days a week. He just got a good job and wants to move and me to move in with him. We love each other very much but I am very scared. I have heard couples fight a lot more and it doesn't always work out when you start living together. You argue more and it can be cause for disaster. Also, since he has gotten his new job he has been a lot grouchier. He likes to argue about things, and seems like he's frustrated at the fact I have been sick lately and we can't kiss or have sex. I might have mono and he jokes asking where I got it from. He also gets annoyed when I get worried and scared that he's going to break up with me. He tells me I need to stop worrying about that. Honestly I can't help Or. I'm cautious and don't want to screw everything up. He said he wants to eventually marry me. I do too, but I don't want anything to go bad or get my hopes up. Overall we have a good relationship, but lately I have been finding little reasons to point out he's not perfect. Is this normal? Or is this a lot of fear?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i going through the same thing right now the only difference neither I or him have place for us to spend quality time with . But we plan to get a place we have been dating for 5 months going on six our relationship is good, we love each other he wants marriage but I have also been hesitant for the same reasons. And little things I'm seeing as well but when you get to the six month mark peoples little flaws tend to come out. He works a lot during the week and he is tired a moody. We argue sometimes to but when I get up on my feet and we are able to come together finally I'm going to sit down with him a figure out are bills and we are going to pay for things together. Also I want to make sure this is really what he wants and that he truly is in for the long run. And he will stick by me and when we get that together I will feel better then.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=6O85m-JXVoI

The advice on this video is gonna help you a lot. Even though he talks about helping a guy with his girlfriend, there's a lot of things you can take note to help save your relationship.

You will find the answer about you pointing things out that he's not perfect, in the video.

1|0
    0|0
  • There are two words in the title of your post that answer your question: "I'm hesitant."

If you don't feel 100% enthusiastic about moving in with him, don't do it.

4|0
    0|0
  • Ask your best friend about this. She will know.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're hesitant, then don't move in. There's a lot of drama and discomfort that you might not expect, and you juts have wasted your time.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• trust your gut girl, you said he has been grouchier so if you move in with him and he begins to be more comfortable , his grouchiness could get worse, I wouldn't move in just yet until you feel it in your gut that it is the right time to do it. Your gut is obviously arguing with u, so listen to it.

3|0
    0|0
  • If you're hesitant - ABSOLUTELY NOT !

Let me tell you, it is incredibly hard to leave someone when you live with them. Plus, everything changes and you will see him in a different way since you're always together.

If you're meant to be with him, you still have all the time in the world to do so. You don't sound like you're ready so give it more time!

2|0
    0|0
  • 6 or 7 months is too early to be thinking of that. I'd at least wait to the year mark

1|0
    0|0
  • It is absolutely normal to be doubtful or a little hesitant. But if you're not 100% sure than it's probably NOT a good idea. To add... 6/7 months together is not enough time to truly know a person ENOUGH to actually live together. It's a huge step! If he's arguing with you bout stuff you've mentioned now then imagine seeing each other 24/7.

But again, if you don't feel 100% sure about moving with this guy then you shouldn't, don't do it because he wants you to... always make decisions on your behalf because if it ends up not working, you'll be the one regretting a decision that you didn't really want in the first place.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honey... Unfortunatly for you , you have chosen to fall in love with the wrong person. Listen to your Intuition. Your're feel scared fo a reason.

It sounds like you are in the very early stages of a violent relationship!

Don't let his new job be an excuse for him to argue with you. IT'S NOT, PERIOD.

If you ill why is he not caring for you. Instead he's accusing you of cheating. He is insecure and honey, that's not your problem. YOU CAN'T CHANGE HIM.

Your relationship should be getting better and better within the first 4 - 8 months

If not it'sl time find yourself a new man.

You are using he's new job to excuse his aggressive behavior ! It's is actually who he is.

If you want to stay with him give it two years before you move in with him why are you rushing to the alter. But please don't marry this guy!

2|0
    0|0
  • No

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't move with him just yet. It seems like you guys are past the early romantic stage of your relationship. As he gets more comfortable, his true colors are showing. He seems insecure and possessive, and the fact that he made fun of you for being ill / was grouchy over not getting the goods, instead of caring for you - as a real boyfriend should've done - just proves that he's no good. Is that really the kind of man you want to be calling your husband down the road?

Either way, don't feel pressurized into doing anything you are not prepared for! If you don't want to move in with him, DON'T. It's as simple as that.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes