Do you lead girls on?

If you know a girl likes you (either by her telling you, someone else telling you, or her just making it super obvious) and you don't feel the same way, do you back off from your friendship a bit so as not to lead her on? Or do you continue to treat her as a close friend, making plans together and texting every day, even though it may encourage her feelings for you?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends..if it's jujst a crush, I know it will pass. I won't change how I treat her very much. She will understand that she's just exaggerating a little!

But if she starts makiing assumptions about us becoming a couple, I'll tell her directly that we won't go in that direction..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• First off, the hints girls drop are rarely obvious.

Second, you're between a rock and a hard place if a friend fancies you and you don't feel the same way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would usually back off from the friendship and prevent myself from leading her on. I don't want to put a hope in her.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Why is it the responsibility of the person who is liked to tell the person that likes them that they don't feel the same way?

It's one thing if they come up and ask you out - you say no.

But when you suspect someone likes you or hear it through others I don't feel the onus is on the target of the affection to tell the person that likes them that their feelings are not reciprocated.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes they do

1|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes