When is the best time to go into another relationship after a break-up?

My boyfriend of ten months and I just went through a breakup. We were long distance and I only saw him a few days every two months. I was the one who broke up with him due to him emotionally abusing me. Often times he would make me cry every week over the phone. The last call we had that was the nail in the coffin was when I called him to cheer him up while he was at work. As I was cheering him up he called me lazy and other names and so I hung up on him abruptly. Three days later I broke up with him and we rarely talk to each other.

I started dating the day we broke up because I was the one who did the breaking up and I finally stopped cutting him breaks for making me feel bad. One of the guys I'm seeing now is so amazing and he wants to be in a relationship with me. However, I told him I wanted to take things slow because I didn't want to rebound but actually be with him. He's still around and we're enjoying time together. When would be the appropriate time to be with him without being too fast for myself? I haven't cried once over my ex and right now I don't feel anything for my ex.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• There's really no set of time. You know that you have moved on when you're now ready to enter into a new one.