When is the best time to go into another relationship after a break-up?

My boyfriend of ten months and I just went through a breakup. We were long distance and I only saw him a few days every two months. I was the one who broke up with him due to him emotionally abusing me. Often times he would make me cry every week over the phone. The last call we had that was the nail in the coffin was when I called him to cheer him up while he was at work. As I was cheering him up he called me lazy and other names and so I hung up on him abruptly. Three days later I broke up with him and we rarely talk to each other.

I started dating the day we broke up because I was the one who did the breaking up and I finally stopped cutting him breaks for making me feel bad. One of the guys I'm seeing now is so amazing and he wants to be in a relationship with me. However, I told him I wanted to take things slow because I didn't want to rebound but actually be with him. He's still around and we're enjoying time together. When would be the appropriate time to be with him without being too fast for myself? I haven't cried once over my ex and right now I don't feel anything for my ex.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There's really no set of time. You know that you have moved on when you're now ready to enter into a new one.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• there's no "set time". Whenever you feel ready is "the time".

0|0
    0|0
  • My policy is to do it ASAP...but I'm not the best example in life of much of anything!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I agree, there is no set time to wait, but it is smart to wait awhile for sure. Wait a bit for everything I think, because this is still the first relationship since your breakup. Yep lol, I mean everything, well almost everything lol. If he is serious he can wait a little while for that then if all is going great with you two then maybe become exclusive with him totally. I hope this new one goes better than your ex. He sounded like a total a**.

0|0
    0|0
  • Best thing is actually not to start dating right away, I thought it would help me , thinking OK I got a new man so I'm good but actually what you need to do is to take some time off and spend some time on yourself, I spendt time going to the gym, going out with friends and getting more confidence and once you have healed your heart than you will know when you are ready

i went on my first date yesterday and its been 7 months and I'm not 100% there but I'm doing a lot more better :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes