My boyfriend cheated on me and now everyone feels pities me, it's annoying

I live in a small town and go to an even smaller college next to it. It's the south, it's conservative and gossip travels fast.

And since they all found out, they hate him and pity me.

Whenever I talk to people they make it so obvious they're so so sorry. Everyone is really friendly and helpfull, it's too much. People drop by at my house to bring me cookies, pie or sweet tea. All drinks I had in hte past week were on the house and about 5 guys offered to "accidentaly" shoot him in the leg.

Idk, I'm from Chicago, so maybe that's normal here, but I feel they're just doing it because they feel sorry for me and they think I'm that sweet little girl that needs their help.

I'm not sure how to respond to that? I don't want to be constantly reminded of it, but what do you say to people who bring your favorite homebaked cookies?

This all making getting over him really hard

Also I don't even hate him. I'm hurt and I would never get back together but I'll get over it and I think he's being judged a bit harshly.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Shooting is probably too good for him..

But you're in a small town now, and that's what most of them are like...I know it's sort of patronizing since they don't even know you that well, but they all mean well, so don't rain on their parade.

Accept the free drinks and thank the people offering to shoot him. They don't really mean that, anyway. Not most of them.

• I know they're not being serious but people constantly bringing it up just makes it hard to forget him

• I'm afraid that they'lnever forget nor forgive, and yes, that must be hard on you, since you need to forget, if not forgive. You may have to move to another small town, or to the big city. Girls with a 'past' have bee doing that since time began..