Ex boyfriend talking about me?

So my ex and I broke up a couple months ago because he didn't want a serious relationship right now because he wasn't ready but still liked me a lot. He told me a couple weeks before that he wanted to be best friends with his girlfriend but felt like we were drifting apart. A week after our break up he hooked up with a couple random girls as a rebound. Then he told my friend he liked me a lot and just wanted to be friends again and start all over. These past few weeks weird things have been happening. He started texting me just small talk, and he doesn't text any of his other exes. Then his best friend told me my ex wanted me. Then he called me to ask for a favor. Today, since I'm good friends with my ex's best friend, we decided to play one on one basketball. I also wanted the opportunity to ask him why my ex really dumped me, you know, for closure and stuff. I got to the gym and, without me knowing he would be there, my ex was there too. I started playing with my good friend and he like picked me up and my ex was like "I wanna try!" and picked me up too while he was dribbling. It was fun, but sometimes my ex comments on everything I say and is so nitpicky. He also started bragging about the "multiple dates" he's been on. His other ex walked in and he knows I hate her and I know for a fact he thinks she's annoying as hell, yet he walked over and talked to her then came back and told me she wanted to do it with him and I was like whattt? and he was like I mean be partners for theater. Then, during my free period I walked past a room and sat with my friend and we started talking, my ex kept staring at me from the room and then came out to talk to me and walked with me to buy a muffin. Someone even asked if we were back together. Then when I was going to drive out to eat with my friend he asked me to get him something, and I was like what do you want? and he said something like you know what I like. Finally, my friend told me he brought me up randomly to her. He was telling her to go talk to her boyfriend and then he was like randomly "whenever I say go to___(me) when she's driving she just floors it...haha oh ___(me)" then he told her that I taught him how to do a pull up. He always seems to pop up where I am. Everyone I ask to seems confused about the whole thing as well... can someone help me?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• if you ask me he's acting like a best friend, or a good guy friend of yours, my making little comments about going on dates , he's trying to prove his point and get his motive straight that he just wants to be good friends, if he wanted to get back together I'm pretty sure he would of told you. He's doing things that guys that are strictly friends do , tell you about their dates their going on etc. You really should find a new man, forget about this guy. I mean he obviously hooked up with those girls because he wanted too, when you break up with someone your first thought shouldn't be too go hook up with a couple of other people, you usually wanna give yourself time to cope and bounce back into the single life.