Will a guy talk about marrying you just to make you think he's not cheating on you?

I just recently discovered photos of a lot of my boyfriend's ex-girlfriends on his phone.. nudes.. reg. pictures.. etc. (I didn't snoop.. I asked if I could check his phone out because it was cool & new & he automatically got weird & was like "Yea! Hold on.. I gotta do something first.." Which alarmed me..) I brought it to his attention once I got home that day & he blamed it on the SIM card, because this phone is brand new. He said he didn't know they were on there & that he'll delete them. Two days later I asked him if they were all gone & he said yes. I'm not the type to snoop & go through a phone or a Facebook.. but, 2 days ago he asked me if I could deal with something he ordered online. So, I went into his email to send off an email to the company he was dealing with. I saw something titled "Me" twice.. I clicked it & low & behold there were pictures of his ex-girlfriend.. I got upset & started thinking about whether he was saving them or not. I confronted him about it.. not telling him that I knew who it was & he told me he didn't even know who the girls were. I looked in the TRASH & there were two more of her. He acted like they were 4 diff. girls. They're all the same girl. He said he didn't know that he sent them to his email.. I didn't talk to him much that night or the morning after. Then he started asking me if I talk to anyone about our relationship.. I said no.. then he started talking about marriage & how he wanted to get married to me soon... that he would never cheat on me, swearing on his mother's life.. his life... my life.. etc. I just want to know if he started talking about marrying me to make me think he's not cheating on me, because he told me he just wanted me to forget about what happened so that we can move on with our relationship & take the next step. He said he thinks all that has happened will bring us closer. Am I dealing with a bullsh*tter?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Bad excuse, SIM cards don't store pictures... only memory cards or internal memory does, at worst it'd be an iPhone and it could accidentally sync all your photos from iTunes onto it. Plus his reaction shows he knew there was stuff on it. He's trying too hard, swearing on peoples lives sounds like a big thing, but people can easily just say it for everything. If I was thinking of marrying someone, I'd probably not tell them... I'd prefer to make a proposal somewhat surprising, I might say she's marriage material or something but I'd not go into it much. Bring you closer together?! Yes I remember when pictures of naked girls brought me and someone close together...

1|0
    0|0
    • It's a Droid Razr? Would that be any diff.? But, at the same time I completely understand what you're saying. Also, that's the same exact thing I was saying to myself (the bringing us closer thing)... I've never dealt with anything like this before in my life, so I don't know what to do. I never thought it would happen to me. I really thought he could be the one, but I don't deserve that. I'm worth a lot more than a cheater/liar should ever be able to have. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!

• No problem, Nah if anything that means he couldn't accidentally put files onto it. Some people do keep pictures of ex's, but they don't usually put them on their phone (especially if the relationship was a good while ago, because if you switch phone it's actually a bit of effort to transfer the files). Of course, no faithful, loving person deserves to be with someone who doesn't treat them properly.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Sounds like a giant clusterf*** to me. This isn't going anywhere.

1|0
    0|0
  • bad boy player-type not for you girl...

1|0
    0|0
  • It's quite clear that he's not the guy for you. He's the biggest liar that you've met.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your input! It's much appreciated!

• He shouldn't ever marry you, because you are too jealous.

You shouldn't ever marry him, because he is too dishonest.

I have no idea if he ever cheated with anyone, but there is probably a bit of truth ot it. He may really love you, and he may not have cheated on you, but he still wants his pictures but can't bring himself to just ask you to let him have it, and you can't bring yourself to let him.

Anyway, good luck with that.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well, the thing is, is that I'm not jealous.. I'm a very forgiving person & I want to be with this guy for the rest of my life. I just won't settle for a cheater.. So, if it is true that he's cheating on me, I don't want to be with him. I have the heart to work with him through whatever, but he does need to understand that it's not fair to me if he's stuck on other girls. We can't move forward if he's not ready. I just think about what it would be like if I had pictures. He'd flip out! So, idk.

• Show All
    • Would you be shocked or apalled that my girl and I have all sorts of things like this between us (and are aware of all things), and love each other wholeheartedly just the same?

Some people just don't care :) I know that's not you, but it could be him!

• Not at all. I know every couple is different. Call me old-fashioned, but you're right. That's not me. I believe in a relationship where we focus on each other & each other only. Things like pictures of other girls to me are not needed. It's almost like he keeps them to compare, which I know he does for a fact compare me to other girls alllll the time. It's a respect thing. That's why I have a problem with this situation. I'm sure you don't understand where I'm coming from.

What Girls Said 2

• yes. he will marry you to shut you up and bone other girls. classic.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a good chance he's full of sh*t. For some guys, the question isn't "What's the right thing to do?" or even "How can I stay away from female entanglements?"

It's "How can I convince this chick to put up with my bad behavior, but still give me the comforts of a steady partner?"

1|0
    0|0
    • I was thinking that too.. It's just so hard to know. I really feel like he's going to propose to me soon though.. He sounded on the phone like he was going to cry when I confronted him about these emailed photos. I do everything for him! He sounded scared to lose me & started talking about marriage & how he wanted to do it soon because I'm so good to him. I feel cornered I guess. It's like, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time I just have this "no" feeling. Idk.

• Show All
    • I certainly will try & work things out with him. If he's not ready to give up that stuff, I'm going to end our relationship.. no matter how much he means to me! I want to know that I'm my future husband's #1 girl besides his mom haha. Anyways, thank you so much! :) I appreciate all the help & input!

• "he's full of sh*t". This. There you have it, nothing more than that.

Recommended myTakes