Have you ever gotten back with an ex and if so, why?

I'm a guy who's currently trying to win back his ex so I'm just wondering how realistic getting back together is. I should mention the break up was a while ago, almost a year, and she's dated other guys since. I've met other women, but none seem even remotely comparable to her. I loved her and she loved me; I can't really explain why things went wrong, my depression issues I guess. But in the year since our split, we've both grown and learned and been hurt by so much. She feels like we've grown too far apart but I know we haven't, I can feel it when we look at each other. We're still on good terms, close friends in fact, but I can't help but want to give it another shot. So I'm looking for other stories, of couples who ended up back together. Please share.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Totally agree with QueenBeatris.

My experience was that I got back with my ex and it didn't work out as I found out that he's been keeping in touch with his ex as a back after all these times and eventually after we broke up the second time, he's officially gone back with her.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• If she's under 25maybe she's willing to give it a shot. But past 25, we already know that it won't work. It will never be the same. What's done is done.

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex and I called it off once together it was a mutual decision. Next thing I know he got another girl. He came crawling back to me and I took him back. And then he left me again for a different girl. Haven't spoke to him in one 1/2 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • its not only your decision tho,if she doesn't want to it won't happen

2|0
    0|0
  • yes, because I thought If I change the relationship would be better and I miss him thought he miss me. I was wrong he cheated on me once again and I could never trust him again!

0|0
    0|0
  • Once it's over, it's pretty much over. Like the fella down there said... it's just not the same when you get back together. Move on, my friend.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have because I missed and still really love him!

0|0
    0|0
  • because I love his stupid ass!

0|0
    0|0
  • I did. It all depends on the reason of the breakup. We got back together, have been together a year and a half. It's all good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you really want her back, try to be friends with her not even mentioning your intentions are. Let if happen naturally. My ex and I just got back together. He did exactly what I said. We just let it happen on its own course. One day we realized we need each other, I didn't even know how we got back. He asked me out, we didn't even talk about the break up we just enjoyed each others company. It made me realize how much I missed hanging out with him. We haven't been separated ever since. Good luck. Approach her as a friend, no expectation.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Hi, I broke up with the love of my life... it was almost more than 2 moths ago. At first I tried to get back with her in the desperate way... after that I was really trying to keep it cool and friendly. Every time I said "I love you" She just didnĀ“t say anything. I've experienced a lot of up's and down's from this. So exactly today I sent her a mesagge saying: "You really don't care about me, I'm sick of your acting, How does it feel to push away someone you loved and still he is showing love for you and still pushed him away? How do you accomplish that?"

So she got mad, she owed me 900 USD, so she goes: "F*** everything, I'm giving you the money I owed to you"

So she came SOOO mad, gave me the money, and I was like "hey" "hey" "lets talk" and she totally ignored me she went off. Chased her "hey, lets talk!"

And suddenly I was crying and telling her: "I'm so sorry for doing this, not only for Me, also because of You. You know I've been trying to approach to You, I tell you almost twice per week I love you, I want you back so much. And look at you right now, all angry... " hugged her (she didn't hugged me back) so I went off and cried so hard at a corner, and she didn't care at all, at all...

Only thing I can tell you man, is that, since my breakup, I didn't want to turn into a rock and deny things. I think I've become more tender, loving and also vulnerable. And that's a good thing, I've gotten closer to my friends, met new ppl, and most of all, "giving" with no expectations of receiving, including "her". Today I'm stopping the chase, and move on.

Remember, when you talk to someone, look at her/him directly in the eyes, listen, and enjoy that moment, you're dealing with another human being. Connect! and don't think in the past or future, enjoy TODAY, right now. From that, you'll decide where to go.

Carlos

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't get back with an ex. The relationship won't be the same again, and you'll just end up breaking with each other again.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes