Girlfriend after 6 years wants a small break?

The other day we got into a small arrangement. The next day she comes over to talk and tells me she wants a small break. She told me to work on myself and my anger and be happy with myself and we will see where life takes us. I've never harmed her or disrespected her. I've gave her so much respect. She still texts me every now and then and still wears the birthday ring I got her and her face book says she is still in a relationship with me and she has been on there. I don't know how to long to wait. I'm in therapy to help with my anger and she might even come next session! But how long should I wait? Two weeks then ask her on a date?
Updates:
everyone is giving my mixed answers lol even my friends. I'm just going with the flow and see what happens in two weeks. I kinda want her to hear other people who have been in a long term relationship and not her friends who all had crummy ones. alos I want her to understand that most boyfriends will get mad when they see a guy trying to hit on thier girlfriend on instagram (which led to me getting angry. hopefully she will understand that and not comment back to them with her thinking to be nice
i will also say this. she is not the type to come back. it sounds weird but its true. she will wait for me to come back when I'm ready. which makes is more of a mind scrambler lol

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Feel it out. Since you're still in contact with each other, chances are you're gonna see her every so often. If you feel like she's starting to get happier and more open to starting things up again, then ask her.

If this is really about her giving you space to work on yourself, though, I suggest you take the time to really improve yourself till you can say you're happy with yourself. Take it as a sort of gift from her, giving you time to take care of yourself.

0|0
    0|0
    • Meaning to say you should start things up again only when YOU feel really ready.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Lol no one can change in two weeks.

Regardless, you're supposed to date people for who they ARE, not try to change them into something that suits you better.

She doesn't want YOU, she wants you to be the ideal picture of a man she has in her head.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't want to change. And she told me not to change.she told me that I'm an unbelievable boyfriend and person but to learn to control and better manage my anger.

• Oh that makes sense then. My brother went to a counsellor and found the root of his anger issues and that really helped him. He figured out what were triggers and learnt how to avoid them. My sister went with him too once (well, he's my brother in law) and together they learnt how to avoid their arguments and not push each others' buttons.

• Maybe let her come back to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont rush it. Try to deal with your anger first. It looks like you are on track. Your girlfriend is there to help you, just let her. I don't see why you shouldn't ask her on a date in say 2 weeks, but don't expect more than just a date.

0|0
    0|0
    • thanks yeah I wasnt. I was going to try to go on a date and let that sit for a week or two

• Don't ask her. Wait you til she asks uou

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Two weeks is enough as long as you work on your personality.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes